3 LORs... Is there any chance that it will HURT you?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AUC2MIC

3 LORs... Is there any chance that it will HURT you?

Postby AUC2MIC » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm

I currently have LORs from 3 professors and I'm having a hard time deciding which 2 to send... I have worked with the three in different capacities and I feel like the LORs would complement each other...
Do you guys feel that there's a chance sending more than 2 could hurt someone's application to any significant extent (assuming they are all good letters)?

vicuna

Re: 3 LORs... Is there any chance that it will HURT you?

Postby vicuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:01 pm

AUC2MIC wrote:Do you guys feel that there's a chance sending more than 2 could hurt someone's application to any significant extent (assuming they are all good letters)?

No, but unless they each add something unique, consider saving one to send for waitlists.

andyj11419

Postby andyj11419 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:03 pm

AUC2MIC wrote:I currently have LORs from 3 professors and I'm having a hard time deciding which 2 to send... I have worked with the three in different capacities and I feel like the LORs would complement each other...
Do you guys feel that there's a chance sending more than 2 could hurt someone's application to any significant extent (assuming they are all good letters)?

I don't think so. Many admission deans I have spoke to said no more than three. Anything more than three is overdoing it.

neptunestar

Postby neptunestar » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:04 pm

vicuna wrote:
AUC2MIC wrote:Do you guys feel that there's a chance sending more than 2 could hurt someone's application to any significant extent (assuming they are all good letters)?

No, but unless they each add something unique, consider saving one to send for waitlists.

Good idea. When/If you do send off this 3rd LOR to a waitlist school is it through LSAC service once again? How does that work?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”