Law Schools reviewing my app package?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Jarrett

Law Schools reviewing my app package?

Postby Jarrett » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 pm

I took the October LSAT , it was my first attempt at it. I'm uncertain of how I faired , however I've already registered for a Dec retake just in case my score is not as high as i want it. My question is will the law schools review my file with the Oct LSAT score or will they wait until I take my Dec test because I have registered for it on LSAC ? When I do score 165+ I will just cancel my Dec LSAT . I just don't want my decision pending due to a future LSAT registration. FWIW , I am an AA male with great softs, 3.2 GPA from GA who is interested in Public Interest law. Any information would be greatly appreciated

LegallyBlonde923

Re: Law Schools reviewing my app package?

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Jarrett wrote:I took the October LSAT , it was my first attempt at it. I'm uncertain of how I faired , however I've already registered for a Dec retake just in case my score is not as high as i want it. My question is will the law schools review my file with the Oct LSAT score or will they wait until I take my Dec test because I have registered for it on LSAC ? When I do score 165+ I will just cancel my Dec LSAT . I just don't want my decision pending due to a future LSAT registration. FWIW , I am an AA male with great softs, 3.2 GPA from GA who is interested in Public Interest law. Any information would be greatly appreciated

If you use the search function there's a million threads about this. Long story short, you have to let the law schools know you're retaking and you want them to wait for the Dec test on your application. They'll begin to compile and hold on to your materials but won't make a decision until they get your Dec score.

Jarrett

Postby Jarrett » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 am

ok thanks I cant wait until this Friday to see my score! :D

jr1886

Postby jr1886 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 am

Why would you register before you get your score? I could understand though if you live in a big city and you are trying to get a seat at test center close by. Most schools said they will hold your apps if you register for a future LSAT until they get that new score. Boston University comes to mind as an example. If you like your score when you get it this Friday, I would call the schools and tell them to go ahead and review your apps

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”