ok I know everyone's sick of this topic, but I need help plz

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
atkpl

ok I know everyone's sick of this topic, but I need help plz

Postby atkpl » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:29 pm

This is about traffic tickets!

I know I know, you are so sick of stupid people who keep asking this, but I am confused about some points..

So, when the app says exclude "minor traffic violation", what CONSTITUTES as minor traffic violation?

Is running the STOP sign minor traffic violation? I ordered my driving record, but haven't got it yet.

I have like 8 tickets in the last 6 years

some speeding, some forgetting to carry my driver license, some running the STOP sign.

Suppose I just disclose all of them,

Do I just send them a word document listing all of these and just explain what happened??

Thanks for the help guys!!

kalvano

Re: ok I know everyone's sick of this topic, but I need help plz

Postby kalvano » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:26 pm

atkpl wrote:So, when the app says exclude "minor traffic violation", what CONSTITUTES as minor traffic violation?

It varies from state to state.

atkpl wrote:I have like 8 tickets in the last 6 years

I'd say something, but I really have no room to talk.

atkpl wrote:some speeding, some forgetting to carry my driver license, some running the STOP sign.

Probably classed as minor.

atkpl wrote:Suppose I just disclose all of them,

It certainly won't hurt you to do so.

atkpl wrote:Do I just send them a word document listing all of these and just explain what happened??

Just upload an addendum that lists the general date, place, offense, and resolution. No explanation needed.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 pm

The majority of apps. I have filled out specify that minor = fine of less than $200.

blink

Postby blink » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm

atkpl wrote:This is about traffic tickets!

I know I know, you are so sick of stupid people who keep asking this, but I am confused about some points..

So, when the app says exclude "minor traffic violation", what CONSTITUTES as minor traffic violation?

Is running the STOP sign minor traffic violation? I ordered my driving record, but haven't got it yet.

I have like 8 tickets in the last 6 years

some speeding, some forgetting to carry my driver license, some running the STOP sign.

Suppose I just disclose all of them,

Do I just send them a word document listing all of these and just explain what happened??

Thanks for the help guys!!

When in doubt, disclose. It can't hurt.

btw: learn to drive you moron! hth

atkpl

Postby atkpl » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 pm

kalvano wrote:
atkpl wrote:So, when the app says exclude "minor traffic violation", what CONSTITUTES as minor traffic violation?

It varies from state to state.

atkpl wrote:I have like 8 tickets in the last 6 years

I'd say something, but I really have no room to talk.

atkpl wrote:some speeding, some forgetting to carry my driver license, some running the STOP sign.

Probably classed as minor.

atkpl wrote:Suppose I just disclose all of them,

It certainly won't hurt you to do so.

atkpl wrote:Do I just send them a word document listing all of these and just explain what happened??

Just upload an addendum that lists the general date, place, offense, and resolution. No explanation needed.

Thanks so much,

so when I get my driving record, is it gonna tell me if specific violation is whether minor violation or not?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm

No. "Minor violation" is completely subjective unless the school specifies. So either call the school for clarification, disclose to be on the safe side (the school won't care), or don't disclose (the school won't care, but it's theoretically possible C&F might).

seespotrun

Postby seespotrun » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:19 pm

Give me a break.

"I'm the OP and I know this happens a lot and it annoys everyone because these cats keep asking dumbass questions, but here's a series of identical dumbass questions..."

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:25 pm

seespotrun wrote:Give me a break.

"I'm the OP and I know this happens a lot and it annoys everyone because these cats keep asking dumbass questions, but here's a series of identical dumbass questions..."

To be fair, my standard response of posting a picture of the search button is not a valid one at the moment.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:32 am

Can't you just scan your driving record and attach it to an addendum if you're unsure?

bendtheslurry

Postby bendtheslurry » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:21 pm

So just so I'm 100% clear.... If the little paragraph doesn't say "excluding minor traffic violations" I need to check the "I've been punished for being a criminal" box and write an addendum if I have a moving violation that resulted in a $120 ticket?

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:35 pm

The best thing to do is to contact the admissions office of the school you're asking about.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:47 pm

I just feel like its a little silly to have to mark the same box as people who have committed felonies or had some serious run ins with the law. And I have to check the same box as students who have plagiarized, passed out in the bushes on campus, or failed out of school because I was in a dorm room where someone had an open beer can on their desk.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”