Sending in transcripts and LOR before paying

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
idiotsgod

Sending in transcripts and LOR before paying

Postby idiotsgod » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:21 pm

I have my lsat score from june already. I am wanting to know if I can go ahead and send a transcript and my LOR's in before I pay the CAS fee. I dont have the extra money to pay for that yet and I would be a little worried if I had to wait til December when I could pay before sending in the info.

gdane

Re: Sending in transcripts and LOR before paying

Postby gdane » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Im confused as to what youre asking.

You send in your application and all supporting materials at one time. If you dont pay the fee, your materials dont get sent in. You can attach your documents to your application, but it wont be sent until you pay the fee.

You cant send anything in without paying a fee. Sorry.

Does that answer your question?

Edit: Oh!!! I got it.

You have to register for the law school service in order to send stuff in. LSAC wont take anything unless youve paid the fees.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:44 pm

idiotsgod wrote:I have my lsat score from june already. I am wanting to know if I can go ahead and send a transcript and my LOR's in before I pay the CAS fee. I dont have the extra money to pay for that yet and I would be a little worried if I had to wait til December when I could pay before sending in the info.

no you can send it in first, and LSAC will put it up for u, but u can only have a CRS file sent if u pay. certain law schools don't make you go through CRS, but most do. they'll summarize ur transcript and upload ur letters so i'd do that first, because that takes a few days-weeks where as payment is immediate.

idiotsgod

Postby idiotsgod » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:08 am

Just want to make sure were clear. I can go ahead and send in my transcripts and LOR's and they hold them until I pay? I am aware that they wont send any of that out with out the fee being paid, but i want to make sure my letters and everything get there in time for them to process them. Since I'm a poor college kid it can be hard to come up with an extra 100+$ during the semester, but its no problem once break starts.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:32 am

yeah this is definitely true. but they won't send a crs file to law schools till u pay for crs, but they'll hook it up. def do that first cause it can take a while.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”