Application Documents

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MiamiUG

Application Documents

Postby MiamiUG » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Do most people submit their documents as pdf files or just regular word documents? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. tyia

JazzOne

Re: Application Documents

Postby JazzOne » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:40 pm

MiamiUG wrote:Do most people submit their documents as pdf files or just regular word documents? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. tyia

I'd go with PDF to avoid any formatting snafus.

MiamiUG

Postby MiamiUG » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 pm

JazzOne wrote:
MiamiUG wrote:Do most people submit their documents as pdf files or just regular word documents? I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. tyia

I'd go with PDF to avoid any formatting snafus.

Thanks, that was my concern.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 pm

You can't submit documents to LSAC in pdf form. You have to use something like Word; when you submit, it generates a pdf copy of the entire application.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:44 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:You can't submit documents to LSAC in pdf form. You have to use something like Word; when you submit, it generates a pdf copy of the entire application.

My bad. It's been a couple cycles since I applied.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:47 pm

JazzOne wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:You can't submit documents to LSAC in pdf form. You have to use something like Word; when you submit, it generates a pdf copy of the entire application.

My bad. It's been a couple cycles since I applied.

No prob. I had worries about formatting too, so I saved my resume in pdf form, turned it into a jpg, and then put it into a word document. Only took about a minute, though it sounds lengthy.

sgtgrumbles

Postby sgtgrumbles » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:No prob. I had worries about formatting too, so I saved my resume in pdf form, turned it into a jpg, and then put it into a word document. Only took about a minute, though it sounds lengthy.

I understand the process you're describing, but this sounds...weird. You're sure LSAC doesn't mind this?

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:59 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:No prob. I had worries about formatting too, so I saved my resume in pdf form, turned it into a jpg, and then put it into a word document. Only took about a minute, though it sounds lengthy.

I understand the process you're describing, but this sounds...weird. You're sure LSAC doesn't mind this?

I'm really not sure why they would mind considering they forward the completed PDF file to the schools without examining the documents you upload in any way. The final pdf is auto-generated. If you upload the file, and it doesn't look right in that final pdf, then you have a problem. If it looks fine, I'm not sure how LSAC would "mind".

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”