LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gyggyg

LOR

Postby gyggyg » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:06 pm

My profs mailed in my LORs from CT Wednesday and today. When will they show up on LSAC?

rinkrat19

Re: LOR

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:42 pm

One of mine got mailed Thursday the 14th and still hasn't shown up. It's starting to make me nervous.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Give it a couple weeks, and keep in mind that you submitted it while they are working on LSAT grading, etc.

FYI: Faxing usually only takes a couple days. Mailing can take up to about 2 1/2 weeks.

tourdeforcex

Postby tourdeforcex » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:46 pm

if we can assume they didn't overnight it or put any special things in the letter like an animal or a plant and also that no one disrupts, steals, or destroys the letter, then we can guess it will be received by LSAC in about a week.

then consider that LSAC is being inundated from professors and professionals across the country and world with letters of recommendation, then they need to process all of those, link those in w/ the correct applicant account number. so give it another week.

basically, give it 2 weeks.

gyggyg

Postby gyggyg » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:37 pm

If I am already done with my applications should I go ahead and submit them or should I wait for LSAC to receive the LORs before submitting? For schools like NYU which only require one should I wait (because I really want them to have both before they start reviewing)?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:31 pm

I just got one of my LORs in the mail today from LSAC, with a note saying that it didn't come with the LSAC form, and therefore can't be processed. So now I have to print and sign a new form and mail it back to LSAC myself.

I'm baffled on two counts--I have a hard time believing that the LOR writer didn't include the form (he's not a flake! Although I will ask him) and if they were obviously able to figure out which applicant the letter was written for to mail it to me, why can't they just add the stupid thing to my LSAC account anyway?? Since I have now SEEN the stupid thing and have it in my possession, it doesn't matter whether I sign the form giving up my rights or not!

tourdeforcex

Postby tourdeforcex » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 am

gyggyg wrote:If I am already done with my applications should I go ahead and submit them or should I wait for LSAC to receive the LORs before submitting? For schools like NYU which only require one should I wait (because I really want them to have both before they start reviewing)?

i think you should wait. the school will just see an incomplete file w/o the LORs so they might not even look at them. and like you said w/ the NYU situation, you want them to have both. it wouldn't be good if they just went ahead on one of them and made the decision right?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”