LOR Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
catsparka

Bronze

LOR Question

Postby catsparka » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:58 am

I've done two independent reading courses, each with a different professor in my department.
An independent reading course at my school is basically a self-designed course in which I read about a topic of my interest and write papers on it under the supervision of a faculty member.
Would it look bad/questionable to the adcomms if none of my LORs are from the professors with whom I've had such independent reading courses (since presumably, the ample one-on-one interaction that these courses provide would lend to a close relationship)?

One other question: these independent reading courses show up as "Senior Thesis Preparation" on my transcript. Should I explain in my application that I didn't actually prepare for a thesis (I'm not writing one) but that they were just independent reading courses?

Thanks so much! :D

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Re: LOR Question

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

Last edited by Hawkeye Pierce on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbiter213

Gold

Re: LOR Question

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:05 am

I'm having neither my Independent study adviser nor my senior thesis adviser (whom I also did 2 summers of research with) write me letters. They know me well, certainly, but not as well as others.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�