. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
drake

New

Post by drake » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Last edited by drake on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: Do LORs stay on your LSAC account?

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:54 pm

They will stay until your account expires. Unless you signed up ages ago, you'll be fine.

coffeetable

New

Post by coffeetable » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:26 pm

I am in exactly the same situation as you do. I got all my rec letters ready but have decided to apply for next cycle. I heard that the rec letters stay the same.

BUT do you think its fine to use the letters I got this year for next cycle? I am an undergraduate senior now and I think my letter writers mentioned that he/she's teaching me currently or something, which might not hold true if the letters are read next year you know?

So do you think I should get another one? What are you gonna do about it?

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:41 pm

coffeetable wrote:I am in exactly the same situation as you do. I got all my rec letters ready but have decided to apply for next cycle. I heard that the rec letters stay the same.

BUT do you think its fine to use the letters I got this year for next cycle? I am an undergraduate senior now and I think my letter writers mentioned that he/she's teaching me currently or something, which might not hold true if the letters are read next year you know?

So do you think I should get another one? What are you gonna do about it?
Consensus is that it's fine to have old letters. It's almost certain your prof dated them, so it's clear to the admissions committee when they were written, and they won't be confused if they read them later. For more info, see the 2011 FAQ thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”