Shoot..made a mistake submitting my apps...any advice?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lshamlet

Shoot..made a mistake submitting my apps...any advice?

Postby lshamlet » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:07 pm

Hey guys,

I completed applications for 3 schools tonight, and paid for them all at once. However, Firefox crashed when I hit "pay LSAC" or whatever on the screen before you get the receipt, and I didn't get the confirmation emails from LSAC. I figured they didn't go through. They were still in my cart too.

So I went and paid for them again, and then I got the confirmation emails from LSAC immediately. Now, I only paid the $36 for the applications because I had fee waivers, so I only paid the LSAC fee. I checked my bank account balance online and saw that I got charged the $36 twice!

So my questions are:

1. Will LSAC give me a hard time about reversing the charges? They say that you have to contact schools for refunds, but I didn't pay the school fees at all, only LSAC's...

2. Did LSAC send duplicate copies of my app to all 3 universities? This is what I'm most worried about, the last thing I want to do is piss them off by inundating them with extraneous apps. I assume no, because I only got the receipt from LSAC once. But still...I did get charged twice.

anyone have any insight? this ever happen to anyone else?

beachbum

Re: Shoot..made a mistake submitting my apps...any advice?

Postby beachbum » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Call them and explain your situation.

lshamlet

Postby lshamlet » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:16 pm

beachbum wrote:Call them and explain your situation.

yeah i'm gonna call LSAC first thing monday about it. i just wanted to ask to see if anyone knew if the schools got my apps twice. i dont wanna have to call the schools and explain that, i feel like they'll just think i was a moron who clicked twice or something.

Saltqjibo

Postby Saltqjibo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:23 pm

U just gonna be stacking their reject pile hire sucka!

But seriously, I am sure it doesn't matter, and if they do get double apps they will probably blame LSAC rather than be irritated with you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”