Degree / Cumulative LSAC GPA Disparity: Addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kausjon

New

Degree / Cumulative LSAC GPA Disparity: Addendum?

Post by kausjon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:34 pm

This is a (somewhat) confusing situation that I am looking for some guidance on:

LSAC Degree GPA: 3.73
LSAC Cumulative GPA: 3.54

Now, the disparity is due to four college courses that I took my junior and senior years of high school. We never received an actual "college grade" for these courses. Our high school teachers reported a college grade, but the grade we received from our high school was inflated by one letter grade (B -> A), due to the difficulty of the courses. I received C's in the majority of these courses, which actually counted as B's, but apparently LSAC marked them as C's. I certainly had no idea these grades would carry with me into applying for law school.

Post high school my GPA is 3.735 at the University of Wisconsin - School of Business. Is this disparity worth writing an addendum over?

Thank you.

bdubs

Gold

Re: Degree / Cumulative LSAC GPA Disparity: Addendum?

Post by bdubs » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:20 pm

kausjon wrote:This is a (somewhat) confusing situation that I am looking for some guidance on:

LSAC Degree GPA: 3.73
LSAC Cumulative GPA: 3.54

Now, the disparity is due to four college courses that I took my junior and senior years of high school. We never received an actual "college grade" for these courses. Our high school teachers reported a college grade, but the grade we received from our high school was inflated by one letter grade (B -> A), due to the difficulty of the courses. I received C's in the majority of these courses, which actually counted as B's, but apparently LSAC marked them as C's. I certainly had no idea these grades would carry with me into applying for law school.

Post high school my GPA is 3.735 at the University of Wisconsin - School of Business. Is this disparity worth writing an addendum over?

Thank you.
Ivey guide says schools will look at college courses during HS differently than those during your undergrad. That being said the school still has to report your LSAC GPA which is lower. I am unfortunately in the same boat as you and my GPA dropped .14. It sucks, but you just have to deal with it.

I am not writing an addendum.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:21 pm

No addendum needed. Pretty much everybody gets their GPA murdered by LSAC.

kausjon

New

Post by kausjon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:27 am

Thank you both for the advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”