Do I have to include all part-time college employment? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LSATNightmares

Silver

Do I have to include all part-time college employment?

Post by LSATNightmares » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:16 pm

So, I've been out of school for a long time, and while I was in college, I worked two semesters for some extra income. I don't really want to include that info in my application because then I'd have to redo my resume (and I don't have any space in there, as I've had substantial post-college work experience). I'm worried if I don't include it, my application won't be "complete and accurate," and you're supposed to sign for that at the end of the application. Any thoughs on what to do?

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Do I have to include all part-time college employment?

Post by r6_philly » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Your resume is a highlight, your application is not unless it ask you to. Some apps ask for "list significant positions", some ask for "list all positions" so follow directions. Doesn't have to match your resume 100%.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Previous post is credited, but just to clarify: your resume does not have to be a complete log of everything you've done, it's meant to present your strengths and accomplishments. The application, on the other hand, may have a section asking for employment history, and if it specifies that you should list all employment, then you will want to follow those directions on the application.

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, the Boston University application says to include all employment info, including part-time, on the resume, and the resume can be of any length. You still think I should include part-time stuff in that from my college days? Thanks! :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”