When to apply to law schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dr. Strangelove

When to apply to law schools?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:33 pm

I've decided to retake the LSAT this December.
I think I could end up with around a ~3.75 this semester. [Damn Math class...no way I'm getting an A in it.]
My current stats are 3.0 GPA/165 LSAT.
I'm about ready to send applications in.
Should I apply after getting my December LSAT or should I simply tell law schools that I plan to retake the LSAT in December?

beachbum

Re: When to apply to law schools?

Postby beachbum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Woahhh, blast from the past. Glad to see you're still goin for it.

Schools will be able to see your December LSAT registration and generally won't render a decision until they have your new score. Have everything ready to go and submit as soon as you get your score report.

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:32 pm

beachbum wrote:Woahhh, blast from the past. Glad to see you're still goin for it.

Schools will be able to see your December LSAT registration and generally won't render a decision until they have your new score. Have everything ready to go and submit as soon as you get your score report.

Thanks for the advice! From looking at LSN, it doesn't seem that the December LSAT isn't that late for most law schools.

Postby 09042014 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
beachbum wrote:Woahhh, blast from the past. Glad to see you're still goin for it.

Thanks for the advice! From looking at LSN, it doesn't seem that the December LSAT isn't that late for most law schools.

If you get your app done before the scores come out, it is about average. Though with that 3.0, you might want to take another year so you can play around with EDs

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

If you get your app done before the scores come out, it is about average. Though with that 3.0, you might want to take another year so you can play around with EDs

This might not be a bad idea. I'd just have to figure out how I'm going to spend next year.
Given my grades, none of the big banking firms wanted to hire me.
I'd lean towards working in real estate and teaching test prep on the side [Strong GMAT and strong SAT] for my year off while bumming off the parents...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”