D Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jd20132013

Silver

D

Post by jd20132013 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:19 pm

D
Last edited by jd20132013 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bedefan

Bronze

Re: Got my two LORs in...now should I be thinking about others?

Post by bedefan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:26 pm

I would have an additional recommendation in my pocket (and do) for waitlists... Might not need it, but if you did, it'd be nice to have it all processed 'n stuff already.

I'm not bothering with the evaluation thing personally, don't know about other people.

My philosophy for applying is mostly to come across as non-crazy while projecting confidence. I think if your materials project confidence and overall you're a strong candidate you can go outside the norm a little bit in terms of LORs or evaluations or whatever.

At least, that's what I've been thinking for the last half hour.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:27 pm

I have two on the way, hopefully they get in before nov 15. I am saving one from my internship I did last year for the inevitable waitlists I will be on. IMO (or I hope) it could work out in my favor if there is to be any WL movement.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Don't worry about evaluations. Personally, I think they're bizarre and won't be very popular this cycle.

As far as getting another letter, if you have others to ask, I would go ahead and request them. That way if you get waitlisted or held anywhere, you can IMMEDIATELY update your file with an LOCI and the third LOR (as opposed to being WL'd, asking then, waiting for it to be written, sent, and processed.)

It can't hurt to get them now, and could potentially save you the trouble later.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”