Resume Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RJG

New

Resume

Post by RJG » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:17 pm

I interned for a company last summer and was offered a full-time job with the company after I graduated in May. My question is how I should represent the transition from Intern to actual position on my resume? Should I list the two separately under work experience or combine them into one? Similarly, I was on a student committee in college for all four years and held a leadership position on the committee for a year. How should I represent this position? Thanks for the help.

OmbreGracieuse

Bronze

Re: Resume

Post by OmbreGracieuse » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm

This is just a suggestion, but my resume has 3 sections: school, employment, and volunteer/intern activities. I feel that is the only way I could have done it (I had a few similar instances). You could always list your being offered a job through the agency as a bullet underneah your employment section if you do not have room for a volunteer/intern section. Personally though, because I think addcoms want to know what you do outside of the classroom, if you have room add the volunteer/intern section. That is just my opinion, though.

Good luck!!

CGI Fridays

Silver

Re: Resume

Post by CGI Fridays » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:41 pm

I suggest finding a way to list them together under "experience" or some such title.

Name of Company
- Job, dates, etc.
-Internship, dates, etc.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”