Professors sending more than one LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
4for44

Professors sending more than one LOR

Postby 4for44 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Can they fax them all at once, or do they need to be in separate batches? i.e. form and letter X however many he's sending to LSAC

OmbreGracieuse

Re: Professors sending more than one LOR

Postby OmbreGracieuse » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:30 pm

One of my professors mailed multiple letters (all stapled to the LOR forms) in one big envelope. I suppose as long as they are all clearly defined (letter and cover) it shouldn't be that big of a problem to fax.

Hope it helps!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Read the fax thread first (from last night), then don't fax it.

Yes they had to be matched together. LSAC won't read the letters, both form and letter must be attached and come in together. I had mine send out 6 different envelops each. The school paid for postage. I didn't want to take the chance of having the form/letter mixed up because they were all targeted and they were all written differently.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:33 pm

OmbreGracieuse wrote:One of my professors mailed multiple letters (all stapled to the LOR forms) in one big envelope. I suppose as long as they are all clearly defined (letter and cover) it shouldn't be that big of a problem to fax.

Hope it helps!

Probably doesn't make much difference, but the LOR form specifically instructs the letter writer to not staple the form and the letter together.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”