Transcripts and LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LawSchoolHopeful2011

Transcripts and LSAC

Postby LawSchoolHopeful2011 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:51 am

Probably a really stupid question, but I started taking some graduate classes recently during evenings and I have not sent in my transcript to LSAC (b/c I literrally just started 3 weeks ago). I already sent in some completed applications to law schools...is it too late to send in the graduate school transcript (even if there are no grades on the grad school transcript) to LSAC for the CAS report?

Thanks for all your help and advice!!

mpasi

Re: Transcripts and LSAC

Postby mpasi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 am

They're not going to care about your grad school grades, especially since you haven't finished a program yet. If you just want to keep things honest, have the ungraded transcript sent so that they'll know you're taking grad courses that may be relevant to what you want to do in practicing law. It might help if you work it into your personal statement, too.

r6_philly

Re: Transcripts and LSAC

Postby r6_philly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:10 pm

The schools I asked about this directly asked me to submit my transcript even though I have not finished my first semester, therefore have no grades. My grad school sent in enrollment verification, a transcript printout, and my schedule to show what classes I am enrolled in. Now the grad school/degree shows up on my summary report.

Since you have to put in the grad school you are attending on application forms, it would stand to reason that they need to have your grad transcript to verify you are indeed enrolled in the program. LSAC also ask you to submit all professional/grad school transcripts that you have ever enrolled in, so although it doesn't count into your GPA, per instruction you are required to submit it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”