Resume Question: How far back to go Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
awilson11

Bronze

Resume Question: How far back to go

Post by awilson11 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:44 pm

I am listing awards and honor on my resume, I received a scholarship from a local alumni chapter for my freshman year, so I listed it as an award received while in school, to me it seems reasonable, but does anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Also, I received an International Baccalaureate diploma in high school, and have listed it on my CV when applying for research positions in undergrad since at first I didn't have much, for one professor it turned out to be a good idea since she had also received one and liked the program. I know it is in high school that I completed everything, but it has been useful in the past, and I received it after high school. Include? Don't include? Judgment call?

cinephile

Gold

Re: Resume Question: How far back to go

Post by cinephile » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I can't reply to the IB high school question, but in many of the applications that I've been working on there are specific places within the application to list honors and awards. There are also often sections to list work while in school. If you list it in the application itself, you can probably leave it off your resume, thus making it easier to cut it down to one page.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”