LOR outline

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hennenr

LOR outline

Postby hennenr » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:32 pm

One of my recommenders said that if I simply send him an outline of 4 or 5 points I wanted him to emphasize he would do so in his letter that he is writing for me. He is a small business owner with a J.D./M.B.A. and I was the weekend manager at his restaurant for about 18 months. Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing? Should I just tell him to focus on leadership ability, maturity, and I can think of in regards to working in a restaurant?

PearlGood

Re: LOR outline

Postby PearlGood » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:45 pm

"Law schools value your candid appraisal of the applicant's ability, academic and otherwise, to study law, including qualities of mind and character, dedication, responsibility, and readiness for the rigors of advanced academic study. Evidence of overcoming adversity, rising to challenges, and achieving beyond expectations are helpful in assessing candidates for admission. You may wish to include how well you know the candidate and in what capacity, your assessment of the relative strength of the candidate within the reference group in which she or he is being compared, and how the candidate will add to the diversity of the law school."

hennenr

Re: LOR outline

Postby hennenr » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Much obliged.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”