statemen of purpose Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mfors

New

statemen of purpose

Post by mfors » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:31 pm

one of the teachers I'm asking for a LOR from asked me to send a "statement of purpose". I did some searching and couldn't really find anything. Does she just want my PS or do I need to craft a statement of purpose for her?

Chris_cpb

Bronze

Re: statemen of purpose

Post by Chris_cpb » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:37 pm

mfors wrote:one of the teachers I'm asking for a LOR from asked me to send a "statement of purpose". I did some searching and couldn't really find anything. Does she just want my PS or do I need to craft a statement of purpose for her?
This is kind of funny. I also had a professor ask me to send a statement of purpose. You have to write a 13 page statement of purpose about how you want to go to law school then become a paralegal. I'm kidding. For the kind of graduate school your professor went to it was called a statement of purpose. Send them your PS. I hope this is enough for you to understand.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:13 pm

She means your PS. SOP is for PhD programs.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:48 pm

One of my professors asked me for one as well. I was in no position to send a personal statement at the time, so I just wrote a page long essay that tied together my academic background, including the classes I had taken in her department, with law school and my future career plans.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”