statemen of purpose

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mfors

statemen of purpose

Postby mfors » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:31 pm

one of the teachers I'm asking for a LOR from asked me to send a "statement of purpose". I did some searching and couldn't really find anything. Does she just want my PS or do I need to craft a statement of purpose for her?

Chris_cpb

Re: statemen of purpose

Postby Chris_cpb » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:37 pm

mfors wrote:one of the teachers I'm asking for a LOR from asked me to send a "statement of purpose". I did some searching and couldn't really find anything. Does she just want my PS or do I need to craft a statement of purpose for her?

This is kind of funny. I also had a professor ask me to send a statement of purpose. You have to write a 13 page statement of purpose about how you want to go to law school then become a paralegal. I'm kidding. For the kind of graduate school your professor went to it was called a statement of purpose. Send them your PS. I hope this is enough for you to understand.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:13 pm

She means your PS. SOP is for PhD programs.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:48 pm

One of my professors asked me for one as well. I was in no position to send a personal statement at the time, so I just wrote a page long essay that tied together my academic background, including the classes I had taken in her department, with law school and my future career plans.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”