Accepted to Thomas M. Cooley with low LSAT and GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
paratactical

Re: Accepted to Thomas M. Cooley with low LSAT and GPA?

Postby paratactical » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Dustin. wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Dustin. wrote:What happened to the original thread that contained that long post?

It was deleted a long time ago. All of my :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: art is destroyed.

Well that sucks.

What was the reaction to that ridiculously long post?

30+ pages of insanity, IIRC.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:07 pm

r6_philly wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:As for the whole "poor" thing and going from rags to slightly better rags is fundamentally flawed. Even in our post leizze-faire system you can totally skip the whole rags thing. I submit to you the two stoners working in garage which later became known as Google.

In fact, as a border-line homeless child myself, if you consider yourself inferior than those with "proper grooming" - when you've already failed and should definitely go to a T4.

Also, when I read FOB... it translates to Friends Over Bitches. Just sayin'.

You can skip the rags thing? Wow why don't you come and tell the entire school where I am volunteering and see if that gets anywhere? Maybe they can all go to an ivy or be millionaires because someone else did out of the same situation.

Your credentials never truly represent who you are as a person. Many people were handicapped from the start. So someone can only manage a 2.7 and 145 for whatever reason, it has nothing to do with being inferior or not, it is merely a sum of all your circumstances.

What does "border-line" homeless mean, you are or you are not (since homeless means without a home). Sounds like you are trying to stretch the facts to try to make a point.

Hey, just putting my point of view out there, and hell yes your credentials represent you. Why the hell would I hire somebody who amounted to nothing outside of a 'zone of expectation' erected by.. well, whatever he's compelled to believe? I'd buy Disney movies to see miracles.

Consequently, at the end of the day - it's all about the bottom line and if hiring people who aren't "handicapped" gives you a better chance at it, then why not? I'm not being a snob about it - it's business. There are no friends in business... and fuck eco-whatever if it doesn't make a profit at the end of the day.

As for the whole 'border-line' homeless thing.. I'm sure you're smart enough to tease it out of yourself since you already got half of this arbitrary meaning (Homeless = without a home). In the hopes of not posting about this again, I'll put it together though: If 'homeless' means 'without a home' and 'borderline' can be best related to 'almost' then: 'border-line homeless' is 'almost without a home'. HTH.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:23 pm

ResolutePear wrote:Hey, just putting my point of view out there, and hell yes your credentials represent you. Why the hell would I hire somebody who amounted to nothing outside of a 'zone of expectation' erected by.. well, whatever he's compelled to believe? I'd buy Disney movies to see miracles.

It shouldn't. That's your rule to live by, I can respect it. But the world isn't getting any better with that attitude. You wouldn't, but many organizations work to change that. It's ok, you are entitled to your choices.

Consequently, at the end of the day - it's all about the bottom line and if hiring people who aren't "handicapped" gives you a better chance at it, then why not? I'm not being a snob about it - it's business. There are no friends in business... and fuck eco-whatever if it doesn't make a profit at the end of the day.

Not the entire world operate on business rules in case you didn't notice. $2.1 trillion dollars or more every year will be spent based on nonprofit rules of operations by just 1 entity in this county. And there are countless more.

As for the whole 'border-line' homeless thing.. I'm sure you're smart enough to tease it out of yourself since you already got half of this arbitrary meaning (Homeless = without a home). In the hopes of not posting about this again, I'll put it together though: If 'homeless' means 'without a home' and 'borderline' can be best related to 'almost' then: 'border-line homeless' is 'almost without a home'. HTH.

How are you almost without a home? Like it shifts in and out of this dimension so you only have it sometimes? It's not you said "in and out of homelessness" which is the usual term. Homelessness is a serious problem in this country. It means you have no access to shelter to call your own. You can't be 90% homeless. As a actual homeless teen, I can't only dream of being "almost homeless", or whatever that means.

Dude if you had somewhere to sleep, someone to give you food and water, somewhere you are legally entitled to occupy, you are not homeless. Guy with a $900k home but a $1.5m mortgage and no job can be "almost homeless", it doesn't mean anything.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:25 pm

I think we should automatically lock any thread that has Cooley in the title. Just sayin.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:25 pm

This thread contains so much fail that any additional comments would be superfluous.

Res ipsa loquitur

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”