Is December LSAT too late for applications? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hrourke

New

Is December LSAT too late for applications?

Post by hrourke » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm preparing to retake the LSAT in December, but am a little worried that this will make my applications too late for most schools. Is this a valid concern?

Ascend

New

Re: Is December LSAT too late for applications?

Post by Ascend » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Many school practice rolling admissions so it may disadvantage you to some extent, but it won't be too late to apply to most schools.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:37 pm

It's too late for many schools in that unless you are an extremely strong candidate you will probably get WLed. Other schools don't do rolling admissions in that way and you'll be ok. So definitely not desirable, but workable.

mazporrr

New

Post by mazporrr » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:06 pm

hrourke wrote:I'm preparing to retake the LSAT in December, but am a little worried that this will make my applications too late for most schools. Is this a valid concern?
You are at a disadvantage, but dont think that December is "too late for applications". I took my LSAT's last december and was worried that all the 'seats were filled' but I still received acceptances from the schools that accepted students within my score range. Remember to build a strong P.S., academic resume, D.S. (if applicable) etc.

Hope this helps...

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:11 pm

It's not too late for your target schools, but reaches will be even harder.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hrourke

New

Post by hrourke » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 am

Thanks for the help. I was planning on having everything submitted for my applications (PS, Resume, etc.) so that they can start reviewing my apps as soon as they get my LSAT score. I really hope it doesn't end up hurting me in the end.

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:36 pm

hrourke wrote:Thanks for the help. I was planning on having everything submitted for my applications (PS, Resume, etc.) so that they can start reviewing my apps as soon as they get my LSAT score. I really hope it doesn't end up hurting me in the end.
It wont. It's really just a very slight disadvantage and unless you're an extreme splitter, it's not likely going to make a difference

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:53 pm

It is mid cycle. I am scrambling to get my apps out the day my test results come around Oct. 28th.

It is not late, but not early. On LSN a lot of people that apply after Dec. get shafted. So be prompt.

You also miss all of the EA and ED dates.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”