"Common Information" when doing LSAC online applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr. T

"Common Information" when doing LSAC online applications

Postby Mr. T » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:35 pm

I noticed when completing online app's this morning that there is the app itself entitled "Primary Application" but there is another section entitled "Common Information Form". Does this need to be fully filled out? What do I do if I have more to list than the space provided? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yeahyeah2121

Re: "Common Information" when doing LSAC online applications

Postby yeahyeah2121 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:47 pm

You don't have to fill it out. It's an automated way of filling in the basic information that every school's application will ask you for (name, permanent address, etc.). It's kind of a pain to tell you the truth. I found that it sometimes filled in information in wrong slots. If you're not applying to more than a dozen schools you're probably better off filling out each primary application individually.

Mr. T

Postby Mr. T » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Great - got a bit confused! :) Thanks for the quick reply - I think I will opt for filling it in by hand. One last question, what if I have more schools, for instance, than will fit in the spaces provided - how do I handle that?

greyblob

Postby greyblob » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Sorry to add on my own question, but I, too, was running into trouble while filling out applications via LSAC. How do I electronically "sign" my signature to the primary form? Am I supposed to print it out, sign it, scan it, and attach it?

Confused... :oops:

yeahyeah2121

Postby yeahyeah2121 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm not sure how to add more schools than you are given spaces. I would contact a couple admissions offices to see what they say about this. As far as "signing" your apps, in most cases no, you don't actually have to sign them. Electronically dating the application usually suffices. A couple of schools do require you to send paperwork with a physical signature, though. Just be on the lookout.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Mr. T wrote:Great - got a bit confused! :) Thanks for the quick reply - I think I will opt for filling it in by hand. One last question, what if I have more schools, for instance, than will fit in the spaces provided - how do I handle that?

Attach an addendum as a Word document.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:45 pm

greyblob wrote:Sorry to add on my own question, but I, too, was running into trouble while filling out applications via LSAC. How do I electronically "sign" my signature to the primary form? Am I supposed to print it out, sign it, scan it, and attach it?

Confused... :oops:

Unless the app specifies mailing a signed form, all you have to do is type your name in the signature box.

greyblob

Postby greyblob » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Thank you for the help! :)

Mr. T

Postby Mr. T » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:47 am

Is there a spot to "attach" my word doc on each app? Where can I find the option to do this?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”