Former military "hooahs" turned law students/lawyers?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
casper13

Re: Former military "hooahs" turned law students/lawyers?

Postby casper13 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:54 pm

armymom wrote:Former military here too applying for Fall 2011. I served 5 years as a paralegal (27D), and I'm currently a DOD civilian in the JAG office. Baylor and UT are my only options, since my husband will be stationed at Hood next year.

Argh just metioning that place makes me want to choke myself again.
I am thankful that the department of the army tried to send me there again cause I would have never gotten out and went to college and would have never dreamed of becoming a lawyer.

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 am

For Hazelwood you have to have entered the service as a Texas resident and it's only good for the public schools. That's great for the undergrad part, not so much for the law schools, as it only covers Texas, Houston, Tech and Texas Southern.

jessedvhs

Postby jessedvhs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:32 am

w105wrs wrote:Hey other military types. Im an infantry officer assigned to Fort Richardson. Applied for FLEP, still waiting on my October lsat score sometime in the next day or two. Infantry, deployed to Afghanistan, the jewel of southwest asia. My reaches will be Ohio State and W&M. Most likely Cinci or UK. I welcome any tips and Ill keep reading from you guys further down the trail. RLTW! and remember to always keep your feet and knees together.

Richardson, eh? Nice assignmet. Many of the guys from my old unit at Bragg wound up there when the BCT stood up, heard it was a proving ground for 82nd babies. Only been to the "cradle of civilization", twice being enough. Good luck in getting to your LS and RLTW!

jessedvhs

Postby jessedvhs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:42 am

jacketman03 wrote:For Hazelwood you have to have entered the service as a Texas resident and it's only good for the public schools. That's great for the undergrad part, not so much for the law schools, as it only covers Texas, Houston, Tech and Texas Southern.

Just read the requirements, that stinks! My HOR is PA but I haven't lived there since 2003.
Hopefully, the Post 9/11 can get me close if I get into UT.
Here is the main site in case anyone is wondering:
--LinkRemoved--

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 am

jessedvhs wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:For Hazelwood you have to have entered the service as a Texas resident and it's only good for the public schools. That's great for the undergrad part, not so much for the law schools, as it only covers Texas, Houston, Tech and Texas Southern.

Just read the requirements, that stinks! My HOR is PA but I haven't lived there since 2003.
Hopefully, the Post 9/11 can get me close if I get into UT.
Here is the main site in case anyone is wondering:
--LinkRemoved--

Yeah, the Hazelwood is awesome if you're eligible for it. I do know that if I get accepted into Texas, Houston, or Tech, that will make my decision much easier.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”