Do I need to ED Penn?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Can I get in RD?

Definitely
29%
Enh, you'll probably be okay
29%
It's a gamble
35%
Chances look slim
No votes
No way, you fool!
6%

Total votes: 17

czelede

Do I need to ED Penn?

Postby czelede » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:19 pm

I've submitted my application to the rest of the T-14 (minus HYSB) but have been holding on to Penn because I'm hedging on whether I should ED. I'm fairly certain it's my first choice and am comfortable paying sticker, but having never actually visited (and not having time to visit now) I am a little on the fence about the commitment. I also rather like Georgetown (love DC), and am entertaining the slim possibility of riding out a CCN waitlist. I'd like to eventually work in public interest, I think, but nothing is ever totally set in stone I guess. I would much rather apply and attend ED than be denied RD for Penn, though, if that makes sense. Since it's hard to gauge my chances properly given the tiny sample size of LSN numbers close to mine (and the fact that LSP does not work for splitters), I am now turning to the wisdom of TLS.

Anyways, onto my stats:

- 3.3/177 (no retakes)
- Fairly solid PS/LORs
- 2 years out of undergrad

Not that it really matters, but both of my academic LORs emphasize the amount of grade deflation that occurred at my school/in my field of study.

Help, guys!

dissonance1848

Re: Do I need to ED Penn?

Postby dissonance1848 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Penn does crazy shit with splitters, so EDing and writing the Why Penn makes alot of sense.

SupraVln180

Re: Do I need to ED Penn?

Postby SupraVln180 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:47 pm

If you really want to go to Penn, just ED, you're a lock. A friend of mine (who is a Non URM) got into Penn ED with a 3.3 170. I think you might have a shot higher than Penn, but to actually answer your question, no you don't need to ED to get in.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”