Transferring

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pangster92

Transferring

Postby pangster92 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and I had a couple of questions. I am currently a freshmen majoring in electrical engineering at The University of Texas. My biggest question is whether it would be worth my time to try to transfer to a better undergrad (HYPSM)? Also, would it be beneficial for me to double major in business? I think that if I try to double major here at UT, I can get into the business honors program, which is actually a fairly well recognized program. Is it true that there is more grade inflation at school's like Harvard? Thanks!

sgtgrumbles

Re: Transferring

Postby sgtgrumbles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 pm

pangster92 wrote:Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and I had a couple of questions. I am currently a freshmen majoring in electrical engineering at The University of Texas. My biggest question is whether it would be worth my time to try to transfer to a better undergrad (HYPSM)? Also, would it be beneficial for me to double major in business? I think that if I try to double major here at UT, I can get into the business honors program, which is actually a fairly well recognized program. Is it true that there is more grade inflation at school's like Harvard? Thanks!

No, you do not need to transfer.

Yes, it would look slightly better to graduate from Harvard, but you might have a lower GPA.

Yes, Harvard inflates grades, so you may be able to ignore the immediately preceding sentence.

No, you will not be helped by double-majoring in business.

Yes, you should go to any school where you can get a high GPA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”