Low GPA addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Charmander

Low GPA addendum

Postby Charmander » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

I have a 3.3 UG GPA, but a 2.96 LSDAS GPA. The drop comes from two failed calculus classes I took once during my freshman year and again during my junior year. The 2.96 scares me and I was hoping it wouldnt drop that far. I have no real reason for why I failed the classes other than the fact that Im not good at math.

Should I write an addendum though? I was immature and spent way too much time partying and working during my first 2 1/2 years. Im not sure this is a good reason though. Is it better to stay quiet and let the numbers work themselves out or should I try my best at putting together an addendum? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Low GPA addendum

Postby 09042014 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Charmander wrote:I have a 3.3 UG GPA, but a 2.96 LSDAS GPA. The drop comes from two failed calculus classes I took once during my freshman year and again during my junior year. The 2.96 scares me and I was hoping it wouldnt drop that far. I have no real reason for why I failed the classes other than the fact that Im not good at math.

Should I write an addendum though? I was immature and spent way too much time partying and working during my first 2 1/2 years. Im not sure this is a good reason though. Is it better to stay quiet and let the numbers work themselves out or should I try my best at putting together an addendum? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

I don't think an addendum saying you suck at math or party too hardy is going to do anything.

Charmander

Postby Charmander » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Charmander wrote:I have a 3.3 UG GPA, but a 2.96 LSDAS GPA. The drop comes from two failed calculus classes I took once during my freshman year and again during my junior year. The 2.96 scares me and I was hoping it wouldnt drop that far. I have no real reason for why I failed the classes other than the fact that Im not good at math.

I don't think an addendum saying you suck at math or party too hardy is going to do anything.

I wish I didnt suck at math. I wish I hadnt partied too hard. Guess I have to swallow the GPA and hope I did well on the october LSAT. Id much rather have my 3.3 than a 2.96 though. :cry:

Postby 09042014 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Charmander wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I wish I didnt suck at math. I wish I hadnt partied too hard. Guess I have to swallow the GPA and hope I did well on the october LSAT. Id much rather have my 3.3 than a 2.96 though. :cry:

Preaching to the choir. I got a 2.8 for the exact same reasons.

Charmander

Postby Charmander » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Realistically, Im looking at a 165 LSAT. I was practice testing in that area for weeks and I feel ok about my performance on Saturdays test. Nervous, but ok. If I score in that range, are you sure no addendum is ok? I see you go to NU. I assume you had a 170+ LSAT. Did you just depend on your LSAT score or did you supplement with a lot of essays and stuff? Thanks for the advice too. I appreciate it.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Charmander wrote:Realistically, Im looking at a 165 LSAT. I was practice testing in that area for weeks and I feel ok about my performance on Saturdays test. Nervous, but ok. If I score in that range, are you sure no addendum is ok? I see you go to NU. I assume you had a 170+ LSAT. Did you just depend on your LSAT score or did you supplement with a lot of essays and stuff? Thanks for the advice too. I appreciate it.

It was just my LSAT that got me in, plus I applied Early Decision. Being from an engineer background also probably helped because I'm more employable at graduation than most.

Charmander

Postby Charmander » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”