Letter of Rec Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hssnig

Letter of Rec Question

Postby hssnig » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:37 pm

Hey all,

I currently have two letter of recs from two professors, and acquiring a third one from a TA with a co-signature from a professor. Now on the LSAC LOR form, there is a name to designate for the letter. I have discussed this with the professor and she has no comment on how I should approach it. Should the TA's name be on there or the professor's? I originally wanted the professor's name to be on there since it may seem to add more weight at first, but I am guessing once the admission officer's read the letter, they would know it is not a letter written solely by her. So now I am more inclined designate the TA's name, since she will be the one writing the letter after all and the professor is just going to add comments and edit it slightly. What would you guys do in this situation, designate the LOR to the original writer which is the TA, or designate it to the professor's name even though she will only add comments and co-sign it.

Thanks

hssnig

Re: Letter of Rec Question

Postby hssnig » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm

^

4for44

Postby 4for44 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Whoever the majority of the letter is from- i.e. the TA.

/thread

hssnig

Postby hssnig » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks, and also for the Letter Description, since my professor is going to co-sign it, can I still have "(TA's last name) & Professor (last name) LOR" ? even though the professor is not the one mainly writing it?? My other LOR's I have consistently written "Professor (last name) LOR" so I dont want this letter to just have "general lor" or "for all law schools" as the description.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”