To resubmit or not to resubmit essays with typos?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sparky127

To resubmit or not to resubmit essays with typos?

Postby sparky127 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:43 pm

Does it hurt more than help to resubmit essays to schools? Is it better to just hope they don't notice? Does anyone get in with typos?

bk1

Re: To resubmit or not to resubmit essays with typos?

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:47 pm

I don't know which is better but people have gotten in with typos.

NV53A

Postby NV53A » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:11 pm

sparky127 wrote:Does it hurt more than help to resubmit essays to schools? Is it better to just hope they don't notice? Does anyone get in with typos?

Email the school and ask. Use an anonymous email or risk getting a d-bag stamped on your app. When you resubmit, act like you don't know anythig.

Actually, this all sounds very stupid. Just leave it alone. Don't attract anymore attention.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:16 pm

sparky127 wrote:Does it hurt more than help to resubmit essays to schools? Is it better to just hope they don't notice? Does anyone get in with typos?

In my opinion it's better not to draw attention to the typos, so I would refrain from resubmitting. Unless of course the typos change the meaning of something in your essay, in which case you should of course send a corrected copy.

Either way the essays will probably have little effect on what a school decides to do with you, so don't sweat it very much whatever you end up deciding.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:26 pm

I end up submitting a revised PS because I made some changes to it after some though. It went in before my app was complete. I don't know what difference it made with the school. FWIW I submitted an updated resume too (had a couple of new things to add) so maybe it didn't sound suspicious to update the PS too.

dominkay

Postby dominkay » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:41 pm

I know someone who got into Harvard with a typo. But it was one minor typo.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”