3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:39 pm

the_wanksta36 wrote:I'm just hoping that the joke is on me and you are all just fucking with me. Otherwise, this whole board is a joke. At least then you're all the same joke and belong together in a room where people can sit and agree with one another.


Holy fuck you've found our dirty little secret. We are in fact a group of like-minded individuals who just sit around in the same room and fap to our own nonsense. We'd appreciate it if you kept this dirty little secret to yourself as it would ruin our reputation with newcomers to this board if this were to get out.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby danidancer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:44 pm

Romo's advice is spot on. There's just no good reason for anyone to attend a T2 or lower school without a massive scholarship, and even then, one risks graduating debt free but jobless.

OP - retake! With your GPA, even a score in the 160s would do wonders for your prospects. If you haven't already, get the Powerscore Bibles and a bunch of practice tests and go work your butt off!

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Grizz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:59 pm

bk1 wrote:
the_wanksta36 wrote:I'm just hoping that the joke is on me and you are all just fucking with me. Otherwise, this whole board is a joke. At least then you're all the same joke and belong together in a room where people can sit and agree with one another.


Holy fuck you've found our dirty little secret. We are in fact a group of like-minded individuals who just sit around in the same room and fap to our own nonsense. We'd appreciate it if you kept this dirty little secret to yourself as it would ruin our reputation with newcomers to this board if this were to get out.


Wait, you don't fap to TLS? Urdoingitwrong.

the_wanksta36
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby the_wanksta36 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:01 pm

You all can disagree all you want, but holding off on a law school until you get into a top 30 is a dumb risk (especially if standardized testing history is against you), and it shows lack of character.

Just for the record, when I applied, I got interviews from William and Mary, Vanderbilt, Washington and Lee, Northwestern (obviously), and others offered them to me who were T1. They are not an 'official' part of the admission process, but if you have some initiative, they are easy to come by.

There are NUMEROUS reasons to attend a T2 school. They are regional is all. They can get you a well-paying job in that area (or state) but don't travel well. Most states don't have a top 20 school, so if you don't plan on moving away, there is no reason to attend some top school where you'll assume a huge debt when you can get into a lower ranked school, and probably with a scholarship. Some T2 have well-known clinics or programs. Like Southwestern or Chapman are good schools to attend if you want to practice Entertainment Law. Many alumni have scored positions with major studios and production companies. Or, if you want to study Energy and Mineral Law, Wyoming boasts a very successful alumni for that. It just depends on your goals. If your goal is to be a pretentious asshole who thinks they are going to impress people with what school they went to, by all means. To each his own.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:04 pm

the_wanksta36 wrote:It just depends on your goals.


My goal is to be unemployed, unemployable, and raped with debt. That's why I am considering a TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Grizz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:06 pm

the_wanksta36 wrote:The OP said she has been taking practice LSATs. I'm sure she has also improved from her DIAGNOSTICS, but that is irrelevant and not what we are talking about. If she has already been practicing, chances of improvement are slim.

I can't believe there are this many stupid people applying to law school. No wonder so many graduates are up for jobs. Makes me sick that there are so many arrogant fuckers giving such terrible, elitist advice. Funny how people tell others not to rely on written examples for knowledge, but that's what you end up posting as well. Fact remains, several people from tier 3 schools can make a good living, and they couldn't care less what snobs think. Which is, of course, what most of you are. At least own up to it.

The recession has impacted the legal profession, like all professions, and I've known too many lawyers who have suffered from it. But, what you are saying, that there are too many graduates for not enough jobs, is absolutely nothing new. Lawyers have been called 'ambulance chasers' for some time, and that's probably not going to change.

I'm just hoping that the joke is on me and you are all just fucking with me. Otherwise, this whole board is a joke. At least then you're all the same joke and belong together in a room where people can sit and agree with one another.

Image

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Grizz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:09 pm

the_wanksta36 wrote:
Just for the record, when I applied, I got interviews from William and Mary, Vanderbilt, Washington and Lee, Northwestern (obviously), and others offered them to me who were T1. They are not an 'official' part of the admission process, but if you have some initiative, they are easy to come by.


No one gives a shit if you can get an interview. Vandy will interview anyone if you just contact them.

If your goal is to be a pretentious asshole who thinks they are going to impress people with what school they went to, by all means. To each his own.


What school you went to does impress people, like employers and clients.

HTH

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby trudat15 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:12 pm

the_wanksta36 wrote:You all can disagree all you want, but holding off on a law school until you get into a top 30 is a dumb risk (especially if standardized testing history is against you), and it shows lack of character.


I havent read the whole debate, but didnt the OP say he only took a few PTs as her prep? As in , he barely did anything. The reason why everyone here is recommending a retake and to wait a year is that the LSAT is very learnable, and he has a 3.9 GPA, which, coupled with a good LSAT, puts him competitive at any school he chooses to apply.

If it takes a year longer, it's well worth it given that, with a higher LSAT, he can command a VERY nice scholarship at any of the lower schools which you mention would be fine to be a student at. He doesnt HAVE to go to a t30 if he doesnt want to, but if you could spend a year gaining life experience while at the same time saving yourself 150k in tuition (in the eventual scholarship increase at the TTT schools you mention), wouldnt that be the prudent thing to do? Dont see how that shows any lack of character whatsoever.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:25 pm

the_wanksta36 wrote:You all can disagree all you want, but holding off on a law school until you get into a top 30 is a dumb risk (especially if standardized testing history is against you), and it shows lack of character.

Just for the record, when I applied, I got interviews from William and Mary, Vanderbilt, Washington and Lee, Northwestern (obviously), and others offered them to me who were T1. They are not an 'official' part of the admission process, but if you have some initiative, they are easy to come by.

There are NUMEROUS reasons to attend a T2 school. They are regional is all. They can get you a well-paying job in that area (or state) but don't travel well. Most states don't have a top 20 school, so if you don't plan on moving away, there is no reason to attend some top school where you'll assume a huge debt when you can get into a lower ranked school, and probably with a scholarship. Some T2 have well-known clinics or programs. Like Southwestern or Chapman are good schools to attend if you want to practice Entertainment Law. Many alumni have scored positions with major studios and production companies. Or, if you want to study Energy and Mineral Law, Wyoming boasts a very successful alumni for that. It just depends on your goals. If your goal is to be a pretentious asshole who thinks they are going to impress people with what school they went to, by all means. To each his own.


Right on man, good luck in entertainment law.

...But in the real world, OP, you should avoid this person's advice like the plague. On the one side, you have some random dude spouting emotional appeals and wild claims based on poor anecdotal evidence, misplaced logic, and what appears to be some type of amphetamine. On the other, you have a group of reasonable, respected TLS regulars (you know, the type of people who research and discuss this type of stuff for fun) making solid claims based on a large sampling of data and evidence. It would be easier for the former to simply admit defeat in the face of overwhelming odds, but for some misguided reason he continues to dish out incorrect and potentially harmful advice. But since this is largely a free and open community, sometimes you have to sift through stuff like that to get to the useful, helpful information (which can largely be found in Romo's posts ITT). Good luck.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Grizz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:27 pm

beachbum wrote:Right on man, good luck in entertainment law.

...But in the real world, OP, you should avoid this person's advice like the plague. On the one side, you have some random dude spouting emotional appeals and wild claims based on poor anecdotal evidence, misplaced logic, and what appears to be some type of amphetamine. On the other, you have a group of reasonable, respected TLS regulars (you know, the type of people who research and discuss this type of stuff for fun) making solid claims based on a large sampling of data and evidence. It would be easier for the former to simply admit defeat in the face of overwhelming odds, but for some misguided reason he continues to dish out incorrect and potentially harmful advice. But since this is largely a free and open community, sometimes you have to sift through stuff like that to get to the useful, helpful information (which can largely be found in Romo's posts ITT). Good luck.


What about me, BB? What about those who poast for teh lulz?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:29 pm

rad law wrote:What about me, BB? What about those who poast for teh lulz?


Who doesn't do it for the lulz?

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby danidancer » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:32 pm

trudat15 wrote:I havent read the whole debate, but didnt the OP say he only took a few PTs as her prep? As in , he barely did anything. The reason why everyone here is recommending a retake and to wait a year is that the LSAT is very learnable, and he has a 3.9 GPA, which, coupled with a good LSAT, puts him competitive at any school he chooses to apply.


This. The LSAT is far too important a test to not give it your all. If OP had actually studied and was still in the 150s but wanted nothing else in life than to be an attorney, I would tell him to go ahead and apply anyway. But that's not the case here. In this case, OP would be wasting a stellar GPA and the chance at infinitely better prospects by not giving the LSAT the study and preparation it deserves.

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:14 pm

Who the heck is the_wanksta? It aggravates the hell out of me when idiots come to these boards and try to convince people that going to a TTT law school, without a job lined up, ITE is anything but a bad idea. Wanksta, you refer to "several" people from T2/T3 law schools who ended up with jobs but (intentionally) overlooks the fact that the majority of students from those same schools end up without a job, or working in a field unrelated to law (which law schools count as employment for their employment statistics). If there are people at T14s struggling to find work, what makes you think T2/T3 students are swimming in job offers? Please, provide me with evidence that is not anecdotal - all the evidence that has directly contradicted yours has been presented and is readily available in this forum. To be clear "many" =/= "most" or even "substantial."

Furthermore, you say OP's shots of improving on the LSAT are "slim" because she has "already been practicing." I'm sorry...I don't follow that logic. The OP stated that she has taken a few practice tests and didn't really review any of her answers. I'm pretty sure it's standard knowledge that the best way to improve on your LSAT, among other things, is to review the questions you got right and understand why you got them right and, more importantly, review the questions you got wrong and: 1) Document the types of questions you are missing, and 2) Figure out why you missed those questions.

Sure, some TLSers are elitist douches - but the ones who encourage potential applicants to increase their LSAT (thereby increasing their chances of getting into schools with better employment prospects) are not. Get your shit together or GTFO.

/caring

I have salmon waiting for me to cook it.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:16 pm

NorB is slowly trickling into this thread. I wonder who will be next...

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 pm

bk1 wrote:NorB is slowly trickling into this thread. I wonder who will be next...

We roll deep.
Image

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Lwoods » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:33 pm

danidancer wrote:
trudat15 wrote:I havent read the whole debate, but didnt the OP say he only took a few PTs as her prep? As in , he barely did anything. The reason why everyone here is recommending a retake and to wait a year is that the LSAT is very learnable, and he has a 3.9 GPA, which, coupled with a good LSAT, puts him competitive at any school he chooses to apply.


This. The LSAT is far too important a test to not give it your all. If OP had actually studied and was still in the 150s but wanted nothing else in life than to be an attorney, I would tell him to go ahead and apply anyway. But that's not the case here. In this case, OP would be wasting a stellar GPA and the chance at infinitely better prospects by not giving the LSAT the study and preparation it deserves.


Sorry to add another anecdote to the mix, but when I was in undergrad, I took the LSAT for kicks (I like logic games). I took one or two practice tests before (timed but otherwise not under test conditions), but didn't really study or prep at all. I scored in the low 150s. 3 1/2 years later, I decided I actually want to go to law school and retook the exam. I still prepped on my own, but I did actually do the work to prepare. I scored in the high 160s (jumping 45 percentile points).

The LSAT is a logic test, but that doesn't mean you can slack off on the preparation. OP owes it to himself to get the highest score he can before applying.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:47 pm

bk1 wrote:NorB is slowly trickling into this thread. I wonder who will be next...

--ImageRemoved--






egregious picwhoring is egregious

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby romothesavior » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:02 pm

rad law wrote:
If your goal is to be a pretentious asshole who thinks they are going to impress people with what school they went to, by all means. To each his own.


What school you went to does impress people, like employers and clients.

HTH


This, this, THIS.

People who take this "You guys are just elitist ass holes" mentality fail to realize that law is the most elitist, prestige-driven field there is. Employers care where you went to school. Clients will care where you went to school. It is just a fact of life. and bitching and moaning won't change it. Also, there is nothing elitist about wanting a job, and when I look at the stats on job prospects, it is clear that the gap between the T14 and the third tier is massive.

A partner at a mid-law firm in Florida told students at my school a story about a trip he made to a local T4 in Florida (I believe it was Barry). He gave a talk there, told them about his job, gave them advice, etc. One of the students asked if his firm would ever recruit at their school, and he straight up told them know. The students were pretty shocked, but he said it just would never happen because they only look for students at higher ranked schools. There is a similar story of a T4 student asking Scalia what it would take for a student there to get a SCOTUS clerkship, and he flat out said it would never happen because the caliber of the school was not good enough.

If this kind of thing bothers you and makes you get all butthurt, then you should find a new profession. Law is prestige driven to a large extent. Deal with it.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Grizz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
bk1 wrote:NorB is slowly trickling into this thread. I wonder who will be next...

We roll deep.
Image



--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:20 am

romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:
If your goal is to be a pretentious asshole who thinks they are going to impress people with what school they went to, by all means. To each his own.


What school you went to does impress people, like employers and clients.

HTH


This, this, THIS.

People who take this "You guys are just elitist ass holes" mentality fail to realize that law is the most elitist, prestige-driven field there is. Employers care where you went to school. Clients will care where you went to school. It is just a fact of life. and bitching and moaning won't change it. Also, there is nothing elitist about wanting a job, and when I look at the stats on job prospects, it is clear that the gap between the T14 and the third tier is massive.

A partner at a mid-law firm in Florida told students at my school a story about a trip he made to a local T4 in Florida (I believe it was Barry). He gave a talk there, told them about his job, gave them advice, etc. One of the students asked if his firm would ever recruit at their school, and he straight up told them know. The students were pretty shocked, but he said it just would never happen because they only look for students at higher ranked schools. There is a similar story of a T4 student asking Scalia what it would take for a student there to get a SCOTUS clerkship, and he flat out said it would never happen because the caliber of the school was not good enough.

If this kind of thing bothers you and makes you get all butthurt, then you should find a new profession. Law is prestige driven to a large extent. Deal with it.


RP in a concurring opinion...

Just law?

This pretty much goes for everything. You're only worth your weight of knowledge on the big curve we call to life. How I like to think of it is: unless you make it to the top 10% of society/life/etc., it doesn't matter where else on the curve you rest; it's considered mediocrity for all intensive purposes and hence why, considering no other factors aside education:

T14 grads are sought.
U.S. Medical School grads are sought.
Ivy League grads are sought.
M.I.T./CalTech are meal tickets.

The only way you're going to get away from this is by "manually" attaining it through acts like, successful research and winning public office.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 am

ResolutePear wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:
If your goal is to be a pretentious asshole who thinks they are going to impress people with what school they went to, by all means. To each his own.


What school you went to does impress people, like employers and clients.

HTH


This, this, THIS.

People who take this "You guys are just elitist ass holes" mentality fail to realize that law is the most elitist, prestige-driven field there is. Employers care where you went to school. Clients will care where you went to school. It is just a fact of life. and bitching and moaning won't change it. Also, there is nothing elitist about wanting a job, and when I look at the stats on job prospects, it is clear that the gap between the T14 and the third tier is massive.

A partner at a mid-law firm in Florida told students at my school a story about a trip he made to a local T4 in Florida (I believe it was Barry). He gave a talk there, told them about his job, gave them advice, etc. One of the students asked if his firm would ever recruit at their school, and he straight up told them know. The students were pretty shocked, but he said it just would never happen because they only look for students at higher ranked schools. There is a similar story of a T4 student asking Scalia what it would take for a student there to get a SCOTUS clerkship, and he flat out said it would never happen because the caliber of the school was not good enough.

If this kind of thing bothers you and makes you get all butthurt, then you should find a new profession. Law is prestige driven to a large extent. Deal with it.


RP in a concurring opinion...

Just law?

This pretty much goes for everything. You're only worth your weight of knowledge on the big curve we call to life. How I like to think of it is: unless you make it to the top 10% of society/life/etc., it doesn't matter where else on the curve you rest; it's considered mediocrity for all intensive purposes and hence why, considering no other factors aside education:

T14 grads are sought.
U.S. Medical School grads are sought.
Ivy League grads are sought.
M.I.T./CalTech are meal tickets.

The only way you're going to get away from this is by "manually" attaining it through acts like, successful research and winning public office.


Nobutmyfriendgotasweetjobfrommyschoolsoshutup

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:26 am

delBarco wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
This, this, THIS.

People who take this "You guys are just elitist ass holes" mentality fail to realize that law is the most elitist, prestige-driven field there is. Employers care where you went to school. Clients will care where you went to school. It is just a fact of life. and bitching and moaning won't change it. Also, there is nothing elitist about wanting a job, and when I look at the stats on job prospects, it is clear that the gap between the T14 and the third tier is massive.

A partner at a mid-law firm in Florida told students at my school a story about a trip he made to a local T4 in Florida (I believe it was Barry). He gave a talk there, told them about his job, gave them advice, etc. One of the students asked if his firm would ever recruit at their school, and he straight up told them know. The students were pretty shocked, but he said it just would never happen because they only look for students at higher ranked schools. There is a similar story of a T4 student asking Scalia what it would take for a student there to get a SCOTUS clerkship, and he flat out said it would never happen because the caliber of the school was not good enough.

If this kind of thing bothers you and makes you get all butthurt, then you should find a new profession. Law is prestige driven to a large extent. Deal with it.


RP in a concurring opinion...

Just law?

This pretty much goes for everything. You're only worth your weight of knowledge on the big curve we call to life. How I like to think of it is: unless you make it to the top 10% of society/life/etc., it doesn't matter where else on the curve you rest; it's considered mediocrity for all intensive purposes and hence why, considering no other factors aside education:

T14 grads are sought.
U.S. Medical School grads are sought.
Ivy League grads are sought.
M.I.T./CalTech are meal tickets.

The only way you're going to get away from this is by "manually" attaining it through acts like, successful research and winning public office.


Nobutmyfriendgotasweetjobfrommyschoolsoshutup


quickshowthemyourawesomeeyesanturnthemtostone

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby beachbum » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:49 am

rad law wrote:
beachbum wrote:Right on man, good luck in entertainment law.

...But in the real world, OP, you should avoid this person's advice like the plague. On the one side, you have some random dude spouting emotional appeals and wild claims based on poor anecdotal evidence, misplaced logic, and what appears to be some type of amphetamine. On the other, you have a group of reasonable, respected TLS regulars (you know, the type of people who research and discuss this type of stuff for fun) making solid claims based on a large sampling of data and evidence. It would be easier for the former to simply admit defeat in the face of overwhelming odds, but for some misguided reason he continues to dish out incorrect and potentially harmful advice. But since this is largely a free and open community, sometimes you have to sift through stuff like that to get to the useful, helpful information (which can largely be found in Romo's posts ITT). Good luck.


What about me, BB? What about those who poast for teh lulz?


As someone who throws around the full weight of Spongebob to destroy the ignorant masses, you also have my gold star of approval

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: 3.9 GPA, LSAT ?

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:52 am

beachbum wrote:
rad law wrote:
beachbum wrote:Right on man, good luck in entertainment law.

...But in the real world, OP, you should avoid this person's advice like the plague. On the one side, you have some random dude spouting emotional appeals and wild claims based on poor anecdotal evidence, misplaced logic, and what appears to be some type of amphetamine. On the other, you have a group of reasonable, respected TLS regulars (you know, the type of people who research and discuss this type of stuff for fun) making solid claims based on a large sampling of data and evidence. It would be easier for the former to simply admit defeat in the face of overwhelming odds, but for some misguided reason he continues to dish out incorrect and potentially harmful advice. But since this is largely a free and open community, sometimes you have to sift through stuff like that to get to the useful, helpful information (which can largely be found in Romo's posts ITT). Good luck.


What about me, BB? What about those who poast for teh lulz?


As someone who throws around the full weight of Spongebob to destroy the ignorant masses, you also have my gold star of approval


SB is TCR. Always... either that or Asian-GO-TIME-Man




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, smieclux, theothercat, tx1990 and 6 guests