delete please

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
apple430
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:06 am

delete please

Postby apple430 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 pm

pls delete
Last edited by apple430 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Dilemma - Seeking Advice Please!

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Call and ask if you can switch to RD. Get it in writing if they relinquish you from your contract. It was a dumb move to ED Columbia even before the JR1.
Last edited by bk1 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Dilemma - Seeking Advice Please!

Postby 09042014 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:10 pm

What a dumb move EDing to Columbia with those numbers.

I'd contact Columbia and say for financial reasons you can no longer afford to apply to law school without regard to financial aid, and request to have your application moved to RD.

You are probably in at harvard, so I'd move fast. Note this may ruin your shot at Columbia, so if you don't get HLS, enjoy NYU.

apple430
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Dilemma - Seeking Advice Please!

Postby apple430 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Desert Fox wrote:What a dumb move EDing to Columbia with those numbers.

I'd contact Columbia and say for financial reasons you can no longer afford to apply to law school without regard to financial aid, and request to have your application moved to RD.

You are probably in at harvard, so I'd move fast. Note this may ruin your shot at Columbia, so if you don't get HLS, enjoy NYU.


Ah so you think risking not getting into either is better than option 2?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Dilemma - Seeking Advice Please!

Postby 09042014 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:17 pm

apple430 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:What a dumb move EDing to Columbia with those numbers.

I'd contact Columbia and say for financial reasons you can no longer afford to apply to law school without regard to financial aid, and request to have your application moved to RD.

You are probably in at harvard, so I'd move fast. Note this may ruin your shot at Columbia, so if you don't get HLS, enjoy NYU.


Ah so you think risking not getting into either is better than option 2?


HLS may be late, CLS may be early. If you it after HLS acceptances start going out, CLS might figure out your scam. Unless you really prefer CLS over NYU and UCHI, I think you are better off risking it for HLS.

You also have a shot at Yale and Standford.

If you repeal the ED now it looks less suspicious.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Dilemma - Seeking Advice Please!

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:17 pm

apple430 wrote:Ah so you think risking not getting into either is better than option 2?


Option 2 is dumb because the longer you wait to get out of ED the less likely it becomes. Also a high percentage of those with JR1's get JR2's so your chances are pretty good at H.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Dilemma - Seeking Advice Please!

Postby bk1 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Desert Fox wrote:HLS may be late, CLS may be early. If you it after HLS acceptances start going out, CLS might figure out your scam. Unless you really prefer CLS over NYU and UCHI, I think you are better off risking it for HLS.

You also have a shot at Yale and Standford.

If you repeal the ED now it looks less suspicious.


Also this.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, nathjf and 2 guests