quick question about jobs section of LSAC Common Info Form

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sgtgrumbles

quick question about jobs section of LSAC Common Info Form

Postby sgtgrumbles » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:22 am

On the LSAC Common Information Form, these sections appear:

"Part Time
Employment History - Part Time
You can enter up to four part-time positions. "

" Part-time School
Employment History - Part-time in School
You can enter up to four part-time school positions. "

Would the latter refer to positions held while in school, or only to those positions held working for the school? The language is a bit confusing; on the one hand, it says "Part-time in school," suggesting that this is for jobs held while in school, but then, "up to four part-time school positions." Where should I list a part-time retail or restaurant job held while in school? If the "Part-time school" is only for jobs working for the school, am I correct in assuming I should only list work-study jobs, not office positions with campus groups/organizations, even one for which I received a stipend?

whirledpeas86

Re: quick question about jobs section of LSAC Common Info Form

Postby whirledpeas86 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:14 pm

I interpreted it to mean part time jobs held while attending school, but I could certainly be wrong.

achilles

Postby achilles » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:17 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:I interpreted it to mean part time jobs held while attending school, but I could certainly be wrong.

same

also, anyone know where to put summer abroad internships (~32 hrs/week)? Do schools even get the common info forms?

sarahh

Postby sarahh » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:15 pm

No, the schools don't receive it. It just places the items in your application, often in the wrong spot. I would just fill out the information directly in your application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”