Yet another fee waiver question...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nsideirish

Yet another fee waiver question...

Postby nsideirish » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:52 am

I qualified and have used the LSAC fee waiver (free LSAT, CAS registration, etc). Does this mean that I should automatically qualify for fee waivers on most applications? Should I still e-mail the schools I want to apply to asking for a waiver? I remember reading that it should just be waived when I go to check out if I qualified for the LSAC waiver...but is it like this with all schools?

Just want to make sure before I get stuck paying money that I just don't have.

Thanks all for any help.

r6_philly

Re: Yet another fee waiver question...

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

nsideirish wrote:I qualified and have used the LSAC fee waiver (free LSAT, CAS registration, etc). Does this mean that I should automatically qualify for fee waivers on most applications? Should I still e-mail the schools I want to apply to asking for a waiver? I remember reading that it should just be waived when I go to check out if I qualified for the LSAC waiver...but is it like this with all schools?

Thanks all for any help.

You will be pleased when you go submit most of your applications: you will not be charged a fee. Aside from Yale and Stanford (that I know of), you will find that the application fee has been waived at check out. You are still on the hook for the $12 report fee per application. (Although the first 3 I think are included in your LSAC waiver. So essentially first few apps will be completely free, after that $12 each, no need to contact school.

nsideirish

Re: Yet another fee waiver question...

Postby nsideirish » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 am

r6_philly wrote:
nsideirish wrote:I qualified and have used the LSAC fee waiver (free LSAT, CAS registration, etc). Does this mean that I should automatically qualify for fee waivers on most applications? Should I still e-mail the schools I want to apply to asking for a waiver? I remember reading that it should just be waived when I go to check out if I qualified for the LSAC waiver...but is it like this with all schools?

Thanks all for any help.

You will be pleased when you go submit most of your applications: you will not be charged a fee. Aside from Yale and Stanford (that I know of), you will find that the application fee has been waived at check out. You are still on the hook for the $12 report fee per application. (Although the first 3 I think are included in your LSAC waiver. So essentially first few apps will be completely free, after that $12 each, no need to contact school.

Thanks for the quick reply. Very nice to know.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”