Getting better application fee waivers... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
flourish

New

Getting better application fee waivers...

Post by flourish » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm waiting for my LSAT score from this past recent test. Will I get more application fee waivers if my score increases?

I already called/emailed some schools citing financial difficulties (truth), but they referred me to the fee waiver application, which I don't think I qualify for. How long do schools take to send out the fee waivers after scores are released?

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Getting better application fee waivers...

Post by kalvano » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Yes, if it goes up, you should get more fee waivers.

However, don't cite financial difficulty when asking for a school waiver. Just ask to be considered for a merit-based fee waiver, you are really interested in the school, and would appreciate any help they could provide. Put stats and LSAC number in the email. That worked pretty well for me.

flourish

New

Post by flourish » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:34 pm

My worry is that waiting for the fee waivers will delay my apps... I want everything to be sent out the DAY I get my LSAT score back.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:34 pm

flourish wrote:My worry is that waiting for the fee waivers will delay my apps... I want everything to be sent out the DAY I get my LSAT score back.

It only took a couple of days for most schools to get back to me, if that. It's worth a couple of days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”