Law School is OVERRATED and OVERPRICED!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
r6_philly

Re: Law School is OVERRATED and OVERPRICED!

Postby r6_philly » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 pm

KarlZ06 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:I don't dot capital I's.

You might be right, but you sure spend a hell of a lot of time of TLS. 3300+ posts. If you're a lawyer, is this your only social life? Yikes.

Yikes is for the one who is soooo glad to be done from law school to start a thread on a law school forum. "Let it go" man, your words right?
Last edited by r6_philly on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Veyron wrote:
dood wrote:
KarlZ06 wrote:I could not be happier with my decision to scrap law school. Aside from the ridiculous tuition, books, parking, etc.; many fail to realize the 3+ years of no salary/income. Law school is a rip and unfortunately the prestige is long gone.

I invested a full year of my life, both preparing for the LSAT and the application process. 2 weeks before my seat deposit was due I stumbled into my "dream job". I am currently creating and pitching tv/film projects to studio execs.

I feel that some of you on this site choose law school because you are scared of career rejection and/or not getting your dream job. Law school unfortunately doesn't open a lot of doors and can actually limit your opportunities. After all, who wants to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in law school tuition and not become a lawyer?

Lastly, why push papers and cross someone's "T"s and dot their "I"s to make peanuts? Granted a select few will be ballers, but most lawyers will be living paycheck to paycheck. Not fun!!!

hard as it is to believe, lawyer might be the dream jorb for some of us. also, law school is not overrated - ive never had as much fun as in law school.

Credited. Never been the athletic sort, but I immagine that 1L year is the nerd equivelent of training to run the marethon. I feel the burn, but its a good burn.

At least at the end of a marathon they let you go home instead of making you taking a final exam that is 100% of your grade. :D

KarlZ06

Postby KarlZ06 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:37 pm

thecilent wrote:
KarlZ06 wrote:

You might be right, but you sure spend a hell of a lot of time of TLS. 3300+ posts. If you're a lawyer, is this your only social life? Yikes.

?? Mad because he pointed out your dumb comment?

I'm just having a good time with this. No hard feelings. Some people are taking this too seriously. Can I pass you my blunt? Relax.

CGI Fridays

Postby CGI Fridays » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:39 pm

aaaaaaand /thread

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:44 pm

KarlZ06 wrote:
thecilent wrote:
KarlZ06 wrote:

?? Mad because he pointed out your dumb comment?

I'm just having a good time with this. No hard feelings. Some people are taking this too seriously. Can I pass you my blunt? Relax.

These G-Unit girls just wanna have funnnn

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Sry, should have said that law school provides all the adrenaline rush of the Roman Colleseum. My mistake!

bigben

Postby bigben » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:38 pm

OP is right. Many people go to law school because they feel like they have no other options and are daunted by the prospect of making their own path. The reality is that for the effort it takes to get a decent legal career off the ground, these people could have had success in any number of pursuits that they may have found more interesting or fulfilling. Many people also obviously fail to fully consider the costs and likely payoffs of law school. Not to put to fine a point on it, but if the above weren't true, there would not be nearly 50,000 law school matriculants annually.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”