How can I attach an addendum to transcript?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mazz

How can I attach an addendum to transcript?

Postby mazz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:45 pm

I have to submit a second transcript from the first school I attended. My 4th semester there I got into a horrible cycling accident and broke several bones in my right arm/hand. I ended up retroactively dropping my classload and landing one totally undeserved F (I couldn't withdraw from the school completely or else I'd lose my health insurance). In my first stab at college, on top of that horrible experience, I completely blew my first semester, and after that pretty much religiously dropped one class a semester. For the disaster semester, I dropped 3 or 4 (can't remember), and for the rest of my time there I dropped another 3. How do I attach an addendum explaining the host of withdrawals and the one F (my only F)? Is it worth it? Should I also explain the other dropped classes (At this point I was working full time).

thanks guys

r6_philly

Re: How can I attach an addendum to transcript?

Postby r6_philly » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 pm

You can just write a short addendum explaining the situation, name it properly in the header of the page along with your name and lsac number, then upload it along with the rest of your documents. It could only help you since they won't be able to figure out why you got the grades you got solely base on looking at your transcript.

mazz

Postby mazz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:58 pm

So I can order my transcript now without having to attach anything to it through the transcript delivery system? this a document I submit myself, correct?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Right, LSAC is going to assemble your transcripts and generate a report for law schools. It is up to you to explain it to the schools. You upload the addendum when you fill out the application. You have to upload your PS, resume, and additional documents yourself. That's when you attach it.

mazz

Postby mazz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:05 pm

thanks for the info man. :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”