Need based fee waiver question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr. Pinstripe

Need based fee waiver question

Postby Mr. Pinstripe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Hey everyone, I am hoping someone can this answer question. Long story short, I had a family emergency the night before the October LSAT and was absent on test day. This obviously screws up when I wanted to apply, as now I have to do it in late December after I take that LSAT. Being that I have not even taken the test, am I able to apply for a need based fee waiver from law schools without even having a LSAT score on file? Thanks for the help everyone.

Ginj

Re: Need based fee waiver question

Postby Ginj » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Yes.

Edit: Apply for the LSAC fee waiver. It will cover almost all of the school's fees automatically (but some may require additional paperwork).
Last edited by Ginj on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 pm

Yes need based fee waiver is based on need, not your lsat. Make sure you have recent copies of your taxes

Mr. Pinstripe

Postby Mr. Pinstripe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks for the advice. I already applied for the LSAC fee waiver and was denied, so I figured I would try to go this route. I had heard from multiple people that the schools were more apt to give the fee waiver than LSAC is.

URMdan

Postby URMdan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Mr. Pinstripe wrote:Thanks for the advice. I already applied for the LSAC fee waiver and was denied, so I figured I would try to go this route. I had heard from multiple people that the schools were more apt to give the fee waiver than LSAC is.

Appeal it. You can very easily get one if you appeal with a valid story.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”