Does GPA for my fourth year matter to law schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lasers

Does GPA for my fourth year matter to law schools?

Postby Lasers » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:18 am

i'm currently a fourth year student, with all my transcripts sent in to LSAC that include my grades for three complete years. does my gpa for the fourth year matter anymore for the application process (taking for granted i don't fail any classes)?

MrKappus

Re: Does GPA for my fourth year matter to law schools?

Postby MrKappus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 am

Lasers wrote:i'm currently a fourth year student, with all my transcripts sent in to LSAC that include my grades for three complete years. does my gpa for the fourth year matter anymore for the application process (taking for granted i don't fail any classes)?

Yeah. Waitlists and app updates. If you have to slack, do it spring term. But don't lose any UG honors b/c you'll notice attorney bios include them. They're kind of a big deal.

Lasers

Re: Does GPA for my fourth year matter to law schools?

Postby Lasers » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:24 am

MrKappus wrote:
Lasers wrote:i'm currently a fourth year student, with all my transcripts sent in to LSAC that include my grades for three complete years. does my gpa for the fourth year matter anymore for the application process (taking for granted i don't fail any classes)?

Yeah. Waitlists and app updates. If you have to slack, do it spring term. But don't lose any UG honors b/c you'll notice attorney bios include them. They're kind of a big deal.

thanks.

i guess i'll have to catch up on some material then.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”