Addendum for a semester where I withdrew 3 classes? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lshamlet

Bronze

Addendum for a semester where I withdrew 3 classes?

Post by lshamlet » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Hey everyone. I have a quick question. I am in my senior year of uni right now. Most of my semesters are 16-17 credits.

But in the spring of my freshman year, I took 16 credits and withdrew from three courses (8 credits). The courses were two science courses and a lab, and I finished the semester with 8 credits. This was my ONLY semester in which i finished part-time.

Basically I switched my major to history from the sciences because I despised chemistry and didn't have any interest in being a doctor. Unfortunately I made my mind up a few days after add/drop week (i know i know, stupid of me), so my withdrawals are noted on the transcript with Ws.

They are the only Ws on my transcript. My advissor convinced me to do the withdrawals instead of sticking the classes out because of the risk to my GPA (i've never gotten a C, but my few Bs are all from science classes) and because there was simply no point in forcing myself to go to classes I hated if they would do nothing for me. There's no dramatic story I have about family getting sick or something - it was pure pragmatism.

Because this period of my transcript stands out with the part-time status and Ws, I feel as if I need to write an addendum, but I also feel that my reason just isnt good enough. What do you all think?

tazmolover

Bronze

Re: Addendum for a semester where I withdrew 3 classes?

Post by tazmolover » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Was your gpa lower that semester?

If not then no. I don't think you need an addendum.

lshamlet

Bronze

Re: Addendum for a semester where I withdrew 3 classes?

Post by lshamlet » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:33 pm

tazmolover wrote:Was your gpa lower that semester?

If not then no. I don't think you need an addendum.
No, I got straight A's because I only kept the non-science classes.

I guess it'll be obvious to them that that was the semester I switched majors...I didn't take a single science class after that and got straight A's.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”