Missing Cumulative GPA? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
raspberry

New

Missing Cumulative GPA?

Post by raspberry » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:01 pm

All of my transcripts were received and processed and my Academic Summary Report was posted a week or so ago. Everything was complete except for my cumulative GPA and my major GPA, both of which were left blank. My school doesn't have a grading system, but I did have credits/GPAs from previous college classes. Those show up as cum. GPA/college but nowhere else on the report.

I searched past topics and didn't see anything similar, has this happened to any one else?

St.Remy

Silver

Re: Missing Cumulative GPA?

Post by St.Remy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:12 pm

raspberry wrote:All of my transcripts were received and processed and my Academic Summary Report was posted a week or so ago. Everything was complete except for my cumulative GPA and my major GPA, both of which were left blank. My school doesn't have a grading system, but I did have credits/GPAs from previous college classes. Those show up as cum. GPA/college but nowhere else on the report.

I searched past topics and didn't see anything similar, has this happened to any one else?
Haven't heard of this before. You can just call LSAC and ask about it, they should be able to either explain why it is happening or correct it if it is a mistake.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:13 pm

hey, just curious. New College Florida? I know they have no grades.

raspberry

New

Post by raspberry » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 pm

St.Remy wrote: Haven't heard of this before. You can just call LSAC and ask about it, they should be able to either explain why it is happening or correct it if it is a mistake.
Yeah, I'll have to do that tomorrow morning! Such a weird situation, and it's kind of tricky to target your applications when you don't have any benchmarks to go by. haha

kwais wrote:hey, just curious. New College Florida? I know they have no grades.
Not New College, but we've got a similar system. We've had a decent number of grads go to law school (within the area), so I know it's possible at least!

raspberry

New

Post by raspberry » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Talked to a representative from LSAC, and it looks like I won't be getting a GPA nor an index. That certainly makes applying more interesting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:07 pm

raspberry wrote:Talked to a representative from LSAC, and it looks like I won't be getting a GPA nor an index. That certainly makes applying more interesting.
This means you'll have good chances at schools where you meet or exceed the LSAT median, and almost zero chance where you don't.

raspberry

New

Post by raspberry » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:26 pm

im_blue wrote: This means you'll have good chances at schools where you meet or exceed the LSAT median, and almost zero chance where you don't.
So it's really THAT number dependent? Crazy, but makes sense I guess since it's pretty similar for people applying that have both the gpa and the test scores.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 pm

raspberry wrote:
im_blue wrote: This means you'll have good chances at schools where you meet or exceed the LSAT median, and almost zero chance where you don't.
So it's really THAT number dependent? Crazy, but makes sense I guess since it's pretty similar for people applying that have both the gpa and the test scores.
Yes, your lack of a GPA can neither help nor hurt a law school's numbers, so your LSAT is all they can count.

raspberry

New

Post by raspberry » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

im_blue wrote:
raspberry wrote:
Yes, your lack of a GPA can neither help nor hurt a law school's numbers, so your LSAT is all they can count.
Unless they look at the summary report, which has previous GPAs just no cumulative from LSAC. But yeah, for their purposes that makes sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”