Multiple LSAT reports to schools

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rsd16
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Multiple LSAT reports to schools

Postby rsd16 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:42 pm

I just took the LSAT for the first time after consistently hitting 165ish on PTs. For some reason, I don't feel very confident about the test I just took. Regardless, I don't plan to cancel my score because of the chance that I could be underestimating myself or freaking out for no reason. If I did screw up, I am definitely taking it in December again.

My question is, should I wait to apply if I take it again in December? Or if I submit apps with the possibly less than optimal result, can I send my new score to the schools that already have the old ones, or will they read the app with the first score and make their decision then and there?

Sorry if the question is confusing, my nerves are frazzled right now.

User avatar
hokie
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: Multiple LSAT reports to schools

Postby hokie » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:55 pm

rsd16 wrote:I just took the LSAT for the first time after consistently hitting 165ish on PTs. For some reason, I don't feel very confident about the test I just took. Regardless, I don't plan to cancel my score because of the chance that I could be underestimating myself or freaking out for no reason. If I did screw up, I am definitely taking it in December again.

My question is, should I wait to apply if I take it again in December? Or if I submit apps with the possibly less than optimal result, can I send my new score to the schools that already have the old ones, or will they read the app with the first score and make their decision then and there?

Sorry if the question is confusing, my nerves are frazzled right now.


I am in the same situation. I just registered for December today (just in case) but plan on applying to a few schools in which my October LSAT would be competitive. I don't really know the answer to your question, but I would say that if your October is less than optimal results (aka LSAT+GPA not competitive with the school's numbers), then why submit it at all if you are retaking with the prospect of doing better? If you send the December score to them later, then theoretically you are telling them to wait to review your up until then (which defeats the purpose of sending in your app early). Plus, higher LSAT > early application any day, anywhere. Hope this helps 8)




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: earldasquirel and 4 guests