Anyone want to take a look at my LSAT addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SeptOrders

Anyone want to take a look at my LSAT addendum?

Postby SeptOrders » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I would like to take this time to ask that the Admissions Committee please consider my most recent LSAT score indicative of my true potential. After routinely scoring 160 on practice tests leading up to the September 2009 administration, I scored 151. At the time, I attributed my performance to inadequate preparation. After scoring similarly low on my second attempt, I determined that my performance was not due to inadequate study habits, but rather that I had not prepared myself to take the LSAT in a test-like setting. As such, I prepared myself to respond positively the environment in which the LSAT is taken. I accomplished this by taking practice tests at the library and other public settings as opposed to my home. This proved to be very beneficial as I was able to score near my practice test average by scoring 159 at the June 2010 administration. Thank you for your consideration in making your decision.

SullaFelix

Re: Anyone want to take a look at my LSAT addendum?

Postby SullaFelix » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:02 pm

SeptOrders wrote:Any feedback would be appreciated.

I would like to take this time to ask that the Admissions Committee please consider my most recent LSAT score indicative of my true potential. After routinely scoring 160 on practice tests leading up to the September 2009 administration, I scored 151. At the time, I attributed my performance to inadequate preparation. After scoring similarly low on my second attempt, I determined that my performance was not due to inadequate study habits, but rather that I had not prepared myself to take the LSAT in a test-like setting. As such, I prepared myself to respond positively the environment in which the LSAT is taken. I accomplished this by taking practice tests at the library and other public settings as opposed to my home. This proved to be very beneficial as I was able to score near my practice test average by scoring 159 at the June 2010 administration. Thank you for your consideration in making your decision.

There's a lot of info and phrases there no one needs. This can easily be three sentences.

LogicGamez

Postby LogicGamez » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Way too long and complicated

tazmolover

Postby tazmolover » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Should be:

I didn't prepare correctly. I prepared more adequately. My score reflects that.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:14 pm

ADD: "May I please, therefore, submit my practice test scores in lieu of actual LSAT scores ?"

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:17 pm

On a more serious note, your LSAT addendum is not justified. Don't submit it.

etown989

Postby etown989 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:53 am

tazmolover wrote:Should be:

I didn't prepare correctly. I prepared more adequately. My score reflects that.

+1

cinefile 17

Postby cinefile 17 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:55 am

CanadianWolf wrote:On a more serious note, your LSAT addendum is not justified. Don't submit it.

+1

SeptOrders

Postby SeptOrders » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks everyone for responding.

The reason I'm submitting an addendum is because many schools ask for one when there is a significant change in a score. Even for schools that don't specifically ask for one, I'm sending one because I think an eight point increase warrants one.

I agree with all of you that say my addendum is a bit long, but I just wanted to be specific. Did any of you find any errors (e.g. grammar/punctuation)?

etown989

Postby etown989 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:37 am

if there are no specifics listed by them for what qualifies as a big increase just email them and find out for sure.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”