Easiest Law School out there in America

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheGreatNorthwest

Easiest Law School out there in America

Postby TheGreatNorthwest » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:42 pm

Just for fun, what do you think are the top 5 easiest law schools in the USA?

Formerbruin

Postby Formerbruin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:11 pm

In terms of virtually knowing you'll have a good job on graduation and so you don't have to try all that hard, the top five easiest schools are probably Yale, Stanford, Harvard, NYU, and Columbia.

glsd56

Postby glsd56 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:15 pm

If you are talking about schools where applying is easy, going there is easy, but you will never get a good job, then I would have to say that all those schools that have been sending us full tuition scholarship offers and that are not even listed on the rankings, or ABA approved for that matter, should be on the list. I think one of the schools that have emailed me is an online school.... :shock:

M20009

Postby M20009 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:15 pm

What about schools with the easiest female students?

selina19

Postby selina19 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:45 pm

wow

PinkPen

Postby PinkPen » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:47 pm

i second that ... wow

i think the person posting probably meant easiest law school to get into...

selina19

Postby selina19 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:49 pm

Alot of people agree that Cooley is a easy school

Formerbruin

Postby Formerbruin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:04 am

That's so boring though! Just look to the bottom of the rankings... or non-accredited... or online schools...

selina19

Postby selina19 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:06 am

[
What about schools with the easiest female students?

which school is this

in my eyes

Postby in my eyes » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:11 am

If you think Cooley is easy you deserve to be @ that TTT

Cooley is easily one of the most competitive schools in the country. Students there know they have to be in the top 5% or so to have a job @ employment

selina19

Postby selina19 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:18 am

I'd go to Cooley.
Only because I said many agree that Cooley is one of the easy schools to get into, it doesn't mean Cooley sucks.

in my eyes

Postby in my eyes » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:20 am

The OP said easiest.. Not easiest to get into

in my eyes

Postby in my eyes » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:20 am

Cooley sucks.. There I said it

hobbla

Postby hobbla » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:20 am

If I recall correctly from the "Vault Law School Buzz Book" one of the surveyed students said that the person at the very bottom of his class (dead last) still got 10 job offers and ended up with a BigLaw job.

It sounds horrible at first, but then you realize how high Harvard's student quality is - it would be very plausible to say that someone at the bottom at HLS could be in the top 10% at many other Law schools.

selina19

Postby selina19 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:22 am

that's what I was referring to

in my eyes

Postby in my eyes » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 am

If I recall correctly from the "Vault Law School Buzz Book" one of the surveyed students said that the person at the very bottom of his class (dead last) still got 10 job offers and ended up with a BigLaw job.

It sounds horrible at first, but then you realize how high Harvard's student quality is - it would be very plausible to say that someone at the bottom at HLS could be in the top 10% at many other Law schools.

The student with the dead last class rank @ Harvard still has more offers then they can handle.

Wanna know what they call that student after 3L...... A Harvard Law Grad

Ken

Least Selective Law Schools

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:14 am

I definitely think that it may be harder to find, but perhaps more interesting, to determine which law schools have the easiest students to have casual sex with.

But in regards to what 5 law schools are the easiest to gain admittance to they are in descending order:

1. Texas Southern University (the easiest in the nation, its lower 25% stats are an appalling 2.65 GPA and a 145 LSAT).

2. Southern University (which is in Louisiana for those unfamiliar with this academic powerhouse).

3. Appalachian School of Law (Virginia)

4. Thomas M. Cooley (This infamous law school is the 4th easiest law school at which to gain admittance. Their horrific numbers are all the worst when you consider the generous scholarships they throw to anyone with a decent LSAT score. Yet they are "ranked" #16 by their own study, ahead of Stanford. But their humorous attempt at a ranking was focused on a bigger is better model where having a large law school was all that mattered so that smaller schools like Stanford and Chicago were below Cooley!)

5. St. Thomas University (in Sunny Florida rounds out this distinguished list).

Where did I get this data. Well, after creating this site my father, a former college math professor, created his own prelaw site which is a wealth of information. He has a huge section on law school rankings, including one that shows which ones are the easiest to get into by comparing the law schools admission numbers against each other.

This link goes through all of the weakest law schools to get in to:

http://www.prelawhandbook.com/84_least_ ... aw_schools

Overall, my dad's site is great and totally ad free as he is a man of principle. It is http://www.prelawhandbook.com

Cheers,

Ken

kurama20

Postby kurama20 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:28 am

Yale, Stanford, Harvard, NYU, and Columbia.

It's easier to get a high paying big law job from NYU than it is from Chicago????

prettypithy

Postby prettypithy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:32 am

2. Southern University (which is in Louisiana for those unfamiliar with this academic powerhouse).

Dear Ken,

I assume from the stab at humor, you are not aware that Southern University is a well-known historically black college. Started in the Jim Crowe era to give promising young blacks a fair shake at a legal education, it may not have the highest LSAT's and GPA's but deserves a bit more respect than you have accorded it. Once again, I assume your gaffe is due to ignorance rather than malice. If I didn't know better, I would think that the ill-informed attitudes about minorities in legal education on this board are coming straight from the top.

ThreeYearsInTheMaking

Postby ThreeYearsInTheMaking » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:28 am

Dear Ken,

I assume from the stab at humor, you are not aware that Southern University is a well-known historically black college. Started in the Jim Crowe era to give promising young blacks a fair shake at a legal education, it may not have the highest LSAT's and GPA's but deserves a bit more respect than you have accorded it. Once again, I assume your gaffe is due to ignorance rather than malice. If I didn't know better, I would think that the ill-informed attitudes about minorities in legal education on this board are coming straight from the top.

The sarcasm is directed at the Southern Law's poor academic reputation (which is justified), not the circumstances of the undergraduate school's founding.

"Ill-informed attitudes about minorities?" Southern Law is NOT representative of minorities in legal education. Ken never mentioned race. prettypithy, are you implying that Southern is at the bottom because it is a historically black college, or that Ken somehow insinuated this? What are you trying to imply?

Hitachi

Postby Hitachi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:44 am

I like the link to "atheletics" http://web.subr.edu/index.php?id=77

lollypotter

Postby lollypotter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:03 am

Dear Ken,

I'm sorry but you need to get a grip. Unbelievable.

lollypotter

Postby lollypotter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:20 am

Pithy, I've just read back through your posts and I'm just disappointed that you can't separate intentionally anti-URM/AA comments from something completely benign and totally unoffensive. I also think that in this post your attitude comes across as so self-righteous and rude and I see nothing to justify this.

By the way, this board is politer than every other board out there in a way that is probably not reflective of the actual law profession. There is a difference between not compromising on your principles and just being incredibly oversensitive (with an attitude).

M20009

Postby M20009 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:28 am

Seriously? So the circumstances under which it was founded and its current mission mean it's not easy to get into OR that even if it is easy to get into, it should not be one this list because promising young black go there? If our goal is not to be objective, then I understand.

lolz987

Postby lolz987 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14 am

By the way, this board is politer than every other board out there ...

I'm going to have to disagree w/ you on this one lollypotter. I have found that LSD is friendlier, in general, especially when it comes to URM applicants. Maybe it's because LSD has an Affirmative Action area, but I have yet to see ignorant comments like M20009's here, on LSD (and I'm talking about the general boards not the minority boards). TLS definitely isn't what it used to be (many more assholes :wink: ). But it certainly is no AutoAdmit either.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”