Fall grade addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Intraining

Fall grade addendum

Postby Intraining » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Is submitting an addendum necessary to make sure schools consider your fall grades? If so, is this suitable?

Dear Law School Admissions Committee,

I am currently in the course of finishing my fall semester at xxxxxxx University. My current grades indicate that I will finish with a 4.0 this term, bringing my LSAC cumulative GPA to a x.xx and my undergraduate GPA to x.xx. Please take this into account when considering my application.

Thank you,

xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

RPK34

Re: Fall grade addendum

Postby RPK34 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Unless your semester ends incredibly early, your current grades do not "indicate you will end up with a 4.0." All they indicate is you may have a 4.0 right now. If you get a 4.0, then send it to the school. But an adcomm isn't going to give you a boost on an LSAC GPA just because a candidate claims he is going to end up with a 4.0

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:46 pm

I wouldn't bother considering I doubt they'd change how they evaluate you. You're asking them to consider something that isn't even definite yet. More than anything I could see this backfiring.

Best thing to do is just update them with your transcripts when you actually get them.

Intraining

Postby Intraining » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”