. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fadedjoebreezy

New

Post by Fadedjoebreezy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Last edited by Fadedjoebreezy on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St.Remy

Silver

Re: Addendum vs Additional Paragraph in Personal Statement

Post by St.Remy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Fadedjoebreezy wrote:Another question. I am curious if I should write an addendum for why I chose to put off school for a year (this was due to financial reasons. Simply put I had to save more money/pay off some debt), or would it be smart to include it in my Personal Statement (my theme for the PS is sacrifice, so it does kind of fit in). I just don't want to overkill it. This is specifically for schools for which I was accepted to. I feel it should be addressed somewhere within the application.

Thoughts?

Thanks
I don't know how not doing something because you don't have the money counts as sacrifice. I would write an addendum of no more than two sentences.

Fadedjoebreezy

New

Re: Addendum vs Additional Paragraph in Personal Statement

Post by Fadedjoebreezy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 pm

St.Remy wrote:
Fadedjoebreezy wrote:Another question. I am curious if I should write an addendum for why I chose to put off school for a year (this was due to financial reasons. Simply put I had to save more money/pay off some debt), or would it be smart to include it in my Personal Statement (my theme for the PS is sacrifice, so it does kind of fit in). I just don't want to overkill it. This is specifically for schools for which I was accepted to. I feel it should be addressed somewhere within the application.

Thoughts?

Thanks
I don't know how not doing something because you don't have the money counts as sacrifice. I would write an addendum of no more than two sentences.
I would think if it is a goal that you have aimed most of your education and life towards and you pass on that to put yourself in a better financial position, I would consider that a sacrafice. Could I have went? Yes. But I decided why not wait another year at a job where I am compensated well (meaning not as much in SL)..

Thanks for the advice

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”