nevermind

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HawksJetsFalcons

nevermind

Postby HawksJetsFalcons » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Last edited by HawksJetsFalcons on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

swilson215

Re: Is it bad to use the same PS as last year?

Postby swilson215 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:42 pm

IMO I don't see a problem recycling your PS. Obviously give it a very thorough review, making sure you're not wanting to change something now that you've had a year away, but I can't imagine many adcomms would recognize it. Honestly, with as many as they read? I think you'll be fine.

But then again, I have zero fact with which to back up my opinion.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:05 pm

swilson215 wrote:IMO I don't see a problem recycling your PS. Obviously give it a very thorough review, making sure you're not wanting to change something now that you've had a year away, but I can't imagine many adcomms would recognize it. Honestly, with as many as they read? I think you'll be fine.

But then again, I have zero fact with which to back up my opinion.

Don't you think that they look at the little re-applicant check box and pull up your old file to see if you wrote a new PS? I personally wrote a new PS and am applying much more broadly than I did at the very end of last cycle. I did use the same topic but I think writing a second time about the same experience made my PS better.

champ33

Postby champ33 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:13 pm

I'm personally in the same position, with a PS that I like a lot, and luckily I didn't apply to any of the schools last year that I knew I would be rejected at. So if I'm lucky enough to get a much higher LSAT, which I think I will, I'll use the old PS for the schools I didn't apply to last year, and a new one if I want to overlap at all. You've probably thought of this but just posting my situation in case you hadn't.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Send them a new PS. Do not reuse the one from your last cycle. This screams laziness. It also screams unproductive. Sure you did something thats worth a mention in between last years application and this years. If not, then just write to your strengths. The main thing is to not submit the same statement again.

Good luck!

shock259

Postby shock259 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I ED'd to the same school I applied to last year. They say specifically on their website to write a new PS, get new letters of recommendation if you can, and generally "freshen" your application. I got a better LSAT, raised my GPA, worked as a paralegal, wrote a new PS, and got a new letter of rec. Hoping this will be enough..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”