impact of economy on ED

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vsl89
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am

impact of economy on ED

Postby vsl89 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:49 am

Do you think the current recession/lagging job market has dissuaded people from applying ED to law schools, knowing that they will have to pay sticker price (more often than not, at least) if admitted? Or do you think this has only influenced EDs outside the T14, T6, etc?

EDIT: To be a little more clear, since the economy is poor, students know that high paying jobs are not so easily available, thus the idea of paying an exorbitant fee for law school no longer seems like a prudent gamble.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:46 pm

You're assuming that applicants know high-paying jobs are scarce, or that they generally know anything about law school and the legal market.

I could see the economy affecting the amount of ED applications in both directions, but anything I tell you will be pure speculation.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:49 pm

..

GettingReady2010
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby GettingReady2010 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:43 pm

beachbum wrote:You're assuming that applicants know high-paying jobs are scarce, or that they generally know anything about law school and the legal market.

I could see the economy affecting the amount of ED applications in both directions, but anything I tell you will be pure speculation.


TITCR

drdreesq
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby drdreesq » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:59 pm

If it's true that the economy is drying up the admission pool, that's very good for those of us who are able to pay for LS. A very self-centered way of looking at it.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:09 pm

drdreesq wrote:If it's true that the economy is drying up the admission pool, that's very good for those of us who are able to pay for LS. A very self-centered way of looking at it.


As far as the total applicant pool, the reverse is happening. Many schools have seen unprecedented numbers of applications.

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby dood » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:30 pm

...
Last edited by dood on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18425
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:36 pm

dood wrote:ITE my erectile dysfunction has been happening more and more.


Hard to get it up when you can't afford models and bottles.

GettingReady2010
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby GettingReady2010 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:13 pm

beachbum wrote:
drdreesq wrote:If it's true that the economy is drying up the admission pool, that's very good for those of us who are able to pay for LS. A very self-centered way of looking at it.


As far as the total applicant pool, the reverse is happening. Many schools have seen unprecedented numbers of applications.



Exactly. What are you talking about drdeesq?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: impact of economy on ED

Postby YCrevolution » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:23 pm

..




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kiwikaki, towel13661, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests