Do grades matter after you have submitted apps?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
abarrios

Do grades matter after you have submitted apps?

Postby abarrios » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:43 am

Once you go complete, does it matter if you get straight C's the rest of college? Are law schools going to see the grades you receive during your senior year or only the grades that were on your transcript when you went complete?

Just curious, I don't plan on getting shitty grades but it would be nice to know that I don't have to stress about them as much.

r6_philly

Re: Do grades matter after you have submitted apps?

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:44 am

Sometimes they request your fall transcript. If you are waitlisted, having a bad Spring transcript isn't going to do you any favors.

Dany

Re: Do grades matter after you have submitted apps?

Postby Dany » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:07 pm

I would think yes, for two reasons. Some schools (looking at you, Columbia) request fall grades. Also, if you get WL'd at a school, showing them strong grades which bump up your LSAC gpa definitely cannot hurt.

That being said? I'm being a total slacker this semester bc I don't see much of a payoff for continuing to work hard.

Oh, and you'd want to make sure you don't slip from summa to magna or from magna to cum laude. It's not a huge deal, but that's one of the only things law firms will see about your UG on your resume, so having a nice summa cum laude next to your degree doesn't hurt.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”