LSAC Academic Summary Report Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Verisimi

New

LSAC Academic Summary Report Question

Post by Verisimi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:35 am

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has any sort of experience with this.

I got my Academic Summary Report back a few weeks ago, and it was .01 off from all of the calculators, which is of course no big deal, but it seems like my grades from the semester that I studied abroad aren't included. My 10-10 year has only 21 semester hours, compared to 30 and 36 from the other two academic years. Additionally, the 10-10 GPA is higher than it should be if my study abroad grades from F09 are included in that. I called LSAC and they said that nothing was wrong, but I just want to make sure that I'm not going to have to wait a couple extra weeks when I want to apply because of a bureaucratic problem.

Thanks

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: LSAC Academic Summary Report Question

Post by r6_philly » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:40 am

Verisimi wrote:Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has any sort of experience with this.

I got my Academic Summary Report back a few weeks ago, and it was .01 off from all of the calculators, which is of course no big deal, but it seems like my grades from the semester that I studied abroad aren't included. My 10-10 year has only 21 semester hours, compared to 30 and 36 from the other two academic years. Additionally, the 10-10 GPA is higher than it should be if my study abroad grades from F09 are included in that. I called LSAC and they said that nothing was wrong, but I just want to make sure that I'm not going to have to wait a couple extra weeks when I want to apply because of a bureaucratic problem.

Thanks
If LSAC said nothing was wrong and they are not doing anything about it, why would you have to wait? Also did you ask them about the possibility of any delays?

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:45 am

How many semester hours did you take? If they're not all there, you might have a problem. Depending on how the grades from your study abroad program were handled, it's possible a separate transcript could be required. For example, my study abroad program was actually through my home university, so I didn't need to do anything - the grades were fully incorporated automatically. If it was through a different university, you might need to get a transcript from them or from the foreign institution.

Verisimi

New

Post by Verisimi » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 am

I apologize for being gone all day, class + internet being down. The study abroad program was through my university, and the grades show up on my transcript. However, from all indications it looks like I just need to call them back and confirm.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”