December LSAT: too late for ED?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sandaltan

December LSAT: too late for ED?

Postby sandaltan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:05 am

I know the ED deadline varies from school to school, but generally, will there be time to ED to a school once my dec. score comes in?

ill be applying in the next few days to my schools with my 164, but im hoping to get that closer to 170 in december. I guess my real question is, how should i go about doing it? should i apply, list a dec. pending score, let my apps update automatically, then indicate an ED decision to a certain school? i dont know what the smartest way to go about this. thanks in advance.

Re: December LSAT: too late for ED?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:13 am

sandaltan wrote:I know the ED deadline varies from school to school, but generally, will there be time to ED to a school once my dec. score comes in?

ill be applying in the next few days to my schools with my 164, but im hoping to get that closer to 170 in december. I guess my real question is, how should i go about doing it? should i apply, list a dec. pending score, let my apps update automatically, then indicate an ED decision to a certain school? i dont know what the smartest way to go about this. thanks in advance.

All but UVA and GULC, no.

Why do you want to ED so badly anyway?

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:05 am

Duke, Virginia, and GULC have ED deadlines after the December LSAT, but otherwise it's too late for ED.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 am

sandaltan wrote:I know the ED deadline varies from school to school, but generally, will there be time to ED to a school once my dec. score comes in?

The probability of your score jumping from a 164 to a 170 (or even close) is slim. Don’t wait… apply now!

sandaltan

Postby sandaltan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Im interested in applying to UVA and NW ED, however it seems UVA will be my only option. ED is important because my GPA sucks, but with a 170+ and good work experience + softs, i think ill have a worthwhile shot.

for my safer schools, im curious if people would just take the 164 and not even list a pending december score? im going to apply now regardless, im just wondering if that would be wise.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:42 pm

sandaltan wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Im interested in applying to UVA and NW ED, however it seems UVA will be my only option. ED is important because my GPA sucks, but with a 170+ and good work experience + softs, i think ill have a worthwhile shot.

for my safer schools, im curious if people would just take the 164 and not even list a pending december score? im going to apply now regardless, im just wondering if that would be wise.

Law schools can see that you're registered for the December LSAT.

sandaltan

Postby sandaltan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:38 pm

im_blue wrote:
sandaltan wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Law schools can see that you're registered for the December LSAT.

i understand that, but if i apply to the schools before i register, wont they review my application? i can always register for the december test in the next month.

the only reason for the dec test is to hope for a 170+ and immediately ED to UVA and hope for the best. I MIGHT consider waiting out this cycle if i get the 170 and waiting for next year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”